Doi Inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand. It is in Chom Thong District, Chiang Mai Province. This mountain is an ultra prominent peak and was also known in the past as Doi Luang or Doi Ang Ka, meaning "the crow's pond top".
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Doi Inthanon National Park||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
Doi Inthanon National Park
- Transfers by private minivan or 4WD (depending on the season)
- English speaking tour guide
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary
- National Park entrance fees
- Accommodation is basic dormitory in village huts, with toilet and shower outside. Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are provided at no extra charge
- Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Doi Inthanon
08:30 AM. Meet your guide at your hotel and depart by private vehicle heading south-west of Chiang Mai. Reach the mountaintop for exploration and a short trek. Visit the two pagodas near the summit, offering fantastic views of the valley. After lunch at local restaurant, depart for a two hours hike reaching a small Karen hilltribe village where you will spend the night. A Thai dinner is prepared by your guide.
Day 2: Departure
- After breakfast, start hiking from the village on the mountain, passing jungle forest and cultivated valleys in a scenic area on the foot-hills of the Doi Inthanon. Meet with your vehicle and transfer to Vachiratarn waterfall, one of the park's many waterfalls for a local Thai style picnic lunch. Afternoon, relax and explore the area before transfer back to Chiang Mai. Drop off at hotel or airport.
- Note: Elephant riding can be organized as an option (to be arranged and paid on spot with the guide).
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.