Some of the most scenic trails in northern Thailand can be found in Mae Taeng. While hiking along the trails, you can enjoy the beautiful views of nature as well as the picturesque villages of different ethnic hill tribes. Other activities include bamboo rafting and whitewater rafting along the Mae Taeng river, visiting a waterfall and elephant rides. You will stay overnight with a Lahu hill tribe family and on the second night you will stay at a jungle camp.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Mai||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transfers and tours by local truck with English-speaking guide
- Baggage handling - Entrance fees
- Elephant ride & Bamboo raft
- Accommodation 1 night in basic bamboo cottage at hill tribe village. (Dormitory room with basic mattress, mosquito net, no electricity)
- Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiangmai And Transfer To Karen Hilltribe Village
Depart by local truck to the North of Chiang Mai. A short stop will be made at Mae Malai local market to purchase some foods and vegetables needed during the trek. Stop at Mok Fah Waterfall for swimming and relaxation. Transfer by truck to Baan Pang Lun for a local lunch and continue the trip to Pong Deud Hot Spring on the way. Trek about 1 ½ hour to Karen hill tribe village at Bann Pong Noi then, continue trekking another 2 ½ hours to another Karen hill tribe village at Bann Pang Paaka or Bann Mae Manai. Dinner and overnight at the Karen village. There’s usually a camp fire with some entertainment (Jokes – Games – Funny Stories) lead by the guide after dinner.
Things to see and do
Day 2: Departure
Breakfast at the village. Trek about 1 hour to the Elephant camp then proceed the trip by an Elephant ride about 45 minutes to Lahu hill tribe village at Bann Pong Ngan. Continue take a bamboo raft along the Tang River through many rapids for 2 ½ hours to Shan village, Bann Sob Kai. Late lunch at Shan village and transfer by a pickup truck back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
Things to see and do
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.