In a lush, jungle setting in the shadow of a mighty limestone mountain, Chiang Dao is a popular country escape from the steaming urban plains of Chiang Mai. Families and 30-something travellers come to relax and wander, enjoying the area's rural character.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - Transfers by covered pick-up truck
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Dao||2 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Breakfast and Dinner|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transfers by covered pick-up truck
- English speaking tour guide
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary
- Accommodation is basic village huts with toilet and shower outside
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are provided at no extra charge.
- Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Chiang Dao
08:30 Meeting at your hotel in Chiang Mai city. Depart by covered truck to Maetaman valley. We make our first stop at the elephant camp, experience an elephant-back ride around the valley and bamboo rafting down the river. Transfer by vehicle to a riverside restaurant for lunch and our trek starting point. After lunch we begin our hike with a first hour mostly uphill through the jungle, to reach a first village. Continue for another one hour on mountain slopes to reach our overnight destination, a homestay in a Lahu village on the top of the mountain. Enjoy the sunset over the valley while your guides are cooking a great Thai dinner. Fire camp (in cold season) and relax. Overnight in dormitory hut, under a mosquito net.
Day 2: Chiang Dao Trekking
After breakfast, we will begin today’s hike. We walk the mountain ridges on well-marked trails with some scenic views. Today is a long hiking day, and we will enjoy deep jungle and tropical forest. Picnic lunch on the way to be carried by participants. Eventually we reach a small Shan village and our overnight place. Overnight at local home-stay in dormitory type rooms, with separate toilet and warm shower. Evening Thai set dinner cooked by your host. Participants should be ready to hike for 6 hours on undulating trails.
Day 3: Departure
After breakfast, early departure at 8am, for a hike through the forest and jungle, mostly downhill, to reach a plantation where we will have a Thai style lunch. We should arrive at plantation at 12.30. After lunch, we can have a walk in the garden, and your guide can explain the different plants and fruits in the garden, used for Thai cooking. Afternoon, vehicle transfer back to Chiang Mai, and drop off at your hotel. Arrive approximately at 4pm.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.