Chiang Rai Province has such a diversity of attractions that its capital is often overlooked. This small delightful city is worth getting to know, however, with its relaxed atmosphere, good-value accommodation and great local food. It's also the logical base from which to plan excursions to the more remote corners of the province.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - Transfers by truck and private van
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Mai||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
|Chiang Rai||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transfers by truck and private van
- English speaking guide
- Entrance & boat fees
- Basic accommodation at hill tribe villages
- Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Thatorn
Depart Chiang Mai by van and drive to Thatorn via Chiang Dao. En route visit Fang district, 150 kms from Chiang Mai. Lunch at a local restaurant. Depart Thatorn by local motorboat for a 3-hour journey down the Kok River. En route visit a Karen village and hike uphill for 2 hours to a Lahu village. Dinner and overnight at the Lahu Village.
Things to see and do
Day 2: Thatorn To Chiang Rai
Start the day with a hike for about 2 hours and visit a waterfall along the route. Lunch at an Elephant Camp of an Akha and Lahu village. In the afternoon, ride on an elephant for 1.30 hours and continue on foot for another half hour to an Akha village. Dinner and overnight at Akha Village.
Travel from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai
Line 166 bus
Day 3: Chiang Rai To Chiang Saen And Chiang Mai Then Departure
Short walk to a Shan village, from where you will take a local truck back to the main road and continue by private van to Chiang Saen, the former capital of Lanna, located in the Golden Triangle. Lunch at a local restaurant en-route. Continue to Chiang Mai with a short stop at hot springs along the way.
Things to see and do
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.