With its remote setting and surrounding mountains, Mae Hong Son fits many travellers' preconceived notion of how a northern Thai city should be. This doesn't mean Mae Hong Son is uncharted territory tour groups have been coming here for years but the city's potential as a base for activities, from spa treatment to trekking, ensures that your visit can be quite unlike anyone else's.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Mae Hong Son||2 night(s)||
Mae Hong Son Resort
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
Mae Hong Son
- Transfers Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai by car / minibus
- Excursions in Mae Hong Son by local 4 WD truck with English-speaking guide
- Baggage handling - Entrance fees
- Accommodation in air conditioned room with bath
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Mae Hong Son
Pick up at your hotel in Chiang Mai and transfer to Mae Hong Son (250 km 5 hours drive). After lunch at a local restaurant, visit the Burmese-style temples Wat Jong Kham and Wat Jong Klang, located next to a large pond in the southern part of town. Wat Jong Kham was built nearly 200 years ago by Shan people who make up about 50% of the population of Mae Hong Son. Wat Jong Klang houses 100-year-old glass paintings and woodcarvings from Burma, which depict the various lives of Buddha. Afterwards drive uphill to visit Wat Phra Dhat Doi Kong Moo, which on clear days offers a beautiful view over Mae Hong Son. Dinner at Bai Fern Restaurant and overnight at Tara mae hong son hotel or fern resort.
Day 2: Mae Hong Son
After breakfast, transfer to an elephant camp for a 1-hour ride on elephant back through the forest. Then change onto a long-tail motor boat for a one hour trip on the Pai River from Ban Huay Dua to the hanging Bridge. Lunch at Golden Pai Resort. In the afternoon, visit the Khaya (Karen) hill tribe village of Ban Nai Soi Padong village, home of the Long necked tribe (Giraffe Women), who wear numerous brass rings around their elongated necks. On the return trip to Mae Hong Son, stop at Phu Klon Mud Spa, which is one among three natural mud sources in the world. (Mud body mask, mud facials and other treatments can be arranged optionallyand to be paid on spot). Dinner and overnight at Tara mae hong son hotel or fern resort.
Things to see and do
Day 3: Departure
Visit to the morning market. Return to the hotel for breakfast. Drive southwards to visit the "Meo Micro Wave" hill tribe village located on a steep mountain next to a relay station, from where the village got its name. Transfer back to Chiang Mai (250 km 5 hours drive).
Mae Hong Son Resort
64 M.10 Phabong, Muang - 58000, Mae Hong Son
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.