This is the main trek for most of people who are looking for a remembrance to enhance life’s experience. The highly recommended reason is the excellent program which is consisted of bamboo rafting, Elephant riding or visiting hill tribe villages in an unspoiled jungle area.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Mai||2 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Service charges and VAT
- Accommodation: 2 nights in basic bamboo cottage at hill tribe village. (Dormitory room with basic mattress, mosquito net, no electricity)
- Transfers and tours by local truck with English-speaking guide
- Baggage handling - Entrance fees
- Elephant ride & Bamboo raft
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiangmai And Transfer To Karen Hilltribe Village
- Depart from the hotel by local truck. On route stop at Mae Malai local market to purchase some food and vegetables needed during the trek. Stop at Mok Fah Waterfall for swimming and relaxation. Transfer by truck to Baan Pang Lun for a local lunch. Continue drive about half an hour along the wildly road to Huay Nam Dung National Park. Spend another 2 hours to trek from here to Baan Mae Jok, Karen village. Arrive and explore around the village chitchatting with local people as well as joining local activities.
- Dinner and overnight at the village.
- Activities on the 1st day
- Along the natural trail, a tour guide will always leads and instruct how to walk in the jungle trail as well as shows the group various kinds of trees and vegetations seen during the trek.
Day 2: Karen Hilltribe Village
- Breakfast at the village. Trek about 3 ½ - 4 hours to the Elephant camp which is quite impressive because you will mostly trek under the shady of green trees. Lunch break at the camp where the guide will show his cooking skill by preparing lunch for the group. Then, take time after lunch hanging around observing natural behavior of Elephants. Enjoy an Elephant ride through beautiful lush jungle about 45 minutes to the Karen village, Bann Pang Khao Laam. Dinner and overnight at the village. There’s usually a camp fire with some entertainment (Jokes – Games – Funny Stories) lead by the guide after dinner.
- Highlight of the 2nd day;
- Elephant riding up & down hill through beautiful forest.
- An entertainment with Jokes – Games – Funny stories.
Day 3: Departure
- Breakfast at the village. Take a very smooth bamboo rafting along the Mae Tang River for 1½ - 2 hours to Lahu hill tribe village at Baan Pong Ngan. Shortly break to view around visiting Lahu people and village. Continue exciting on the bamboo raft passing many rapids down to Shan village for 2 hours. Lunch at Shan village. Transfer back to Chiang Mai by local truck.
- Impression on the 3rd day;
- Enjoy a marvelous bamboo rafting passing many rapids along the Mae Tang River.
- Able to learn distinctive customs, costumes & ornaments, life styles and dialects of different ethnic groups.
- Able to see various kinds of trees and vegetations.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.