Northern Thailand has a cool climate during the wintertime. It offers mountainous regions that form the Pre-Himalayan Mountain range, with summits up to 2500 meters, a large variety of ethnic villages and people. Beautiful jungle, a quantity of little used dirt roads and trails transform this area in a biker’s paradise! Come and ride along with us to discover the mountains of Northern Thailand.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - Transportation by covered pick-up truck
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Dao||2 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Breakfast and Dinner|
|Chiang Rai||1 night(s)||
Phowadol Resort And Spa
|Breakfast and Dinner|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transportation by covered pick-up truck
- English speaking tour guide / mechanic
- Well maintained Mountain-Bikes 24 speed
- Front-suspension with safety helmets and water bottle
- Entrance fees - Boat transfers
- Accommodation in twin shared rooms with air-conditioned and attached bathroom with western style toilets in Thatorn and Chiang Rai
- Accommodation at the hill tribe village is very basic dormitory bamboo longhouse under mosquito net
- Mattress and sleeping bags/sheet are all provided
- The experience will certainly compensate the lack of comfort!
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Chiang Dao
Pick up at your hotel in Chiang Mai in the morning. The day starts with a drive in a covered pick-up truck in northern direction towards the Chiang Dao area. At the Chiang Dao Elephant Camp you can watch elephants take their daily morning bath and demonstrate their skills. From there start cycling on paved roads until lunch, then ride small road and trails, which are crossing tropical forest and plantations and lead through remote villages. Visit Lahu, Lisu and Akha villages along the way. Discover also the Palaung people, who migrated from Myanmar and live in only few settlements in Northern Thailand. The cycling trip ends at a hill-tribe village, where you will spend the night at Padang Lodge, a basic northern Thailand style wooden house with separate rooms. You sleep on the floor on a Thai style mattress and under a mosquito net. Western style toilets and hot shower are in separate toilet block. Your guides will prepare and cook dinner for you tonight.
Day 2: Chiang Dao To Thatorn (cycling Distance Around 60 Km/40 Miles)
Today is a strenuous cycling day in the nature. Follow seldom traveled trails through scenic landscapes of limestone peaks and teakwood forest! The escort vehicle will carry supplies of food, fruit and water for you. Start riding on challenging trails before lunch at a Buddhist forestry temple cave. In the afternoon, follow various trails and paved roads in the valley, riding mostly off-road, before you meet up with the escort vehicle again, which will transfer you to Ban Thaton for dinner and overnight. Overnight at Khun Mai Naan Suan Resort or similar.
Day 3: Thatorn To Chiang Rai (cycling Distance Is 45 - 60 Km/30 - 40 Miles)
After breakfast, departure for the great Mae Kok River valley ride, which passes rice fields and plantations first and then follows exciting trails along the river. Experience also a local long-tail boat transfer down river as the trails ends. After the boat ride, enjoy a picnic lunch, then cycle again on a scenic riverside trail section to reach a hot-spring, where you can relax. Continue cycling the last stretch to Chiang Rai, or transfer by truck. Overnight at Phowadol Resort or similar (dinner not included).
Things to see and do
Travel from Chiang Dao to Chiang Rai
Line 123 bus, line 166 bus
Day 4: Departure
After breakfast, start to cycle from the hotel on paved roads to reach the outskirts of town where you continue on dirt trails uphill to reach several hill-tribe villages. Cycle down the valley to a scenic waterfall with time to relax and picnic lunch. Relax, shower and change before your transfer to Chiang Rai airport or transfer back to Chiang Mai by covered pick-up truck (non air-conditioned).
Things to see and do
Phowadol Resort And Spa (4 star)
183 Moo 3, Rimkok Subdistrict, A.Muang, Chiang Rai
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.