Friendly and fun-loving, exotic and tropical, cultured and historic, Thailand radiates a golden hue from its glittering temples and tropical beaches to the ever-comforting Thai smile.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Tha Ton||1 night(s)||
Maekok River Village Resort
|Chiang Saen||2 night(s)||
Imperial Golden Triangle Resort
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Tha Ton
Your tour starts from the culturally interesting town of Chiang Mai to Mae Rim and the Mae Saa Valley. We recommend a visit the Queens Sirikit Botanical Gardens, the colorful Orchid Farm and the Mae Saa Waterfall. Continue to Chiang Dao, a small village north of Chiang Mai, where you have the possibility to stop at one of the famous Elephant Camps. You may observe the amazing abilities and teamwork of the elephants and enjoy a ride on their back through the jungle. Continue your journey to Doi Ang Khang famous for the Royal Project and its luscious botanical gardens. A breathtaking view over the mountains and valleys awaits you on your way down towards Thatorn. Accommodation: Maekok River Village Resort
Day 2: Tha Ton To Chiang Saen
Before leaving Thatorn, we recommend to visit Wat Thatorn or to take a relaxing boat ride on the River Kok. Near Thatorn awaits you an interesting Lisu and Akha hilltribe village. Continue uphill to Mae Salong, a former headquarter of General Tuan Shi-Wens fifth Kuomintang army. On your route to today’s destination you may stop at Mae Fa Luang Gardens and Phrathat Doi Tung, the King’s mother’s former residence and botanical gardens. Drive to Mae Sai, a thriving trading town on the border to Myanmar, where you may try your bargaining skills at the colorful market. Continue to the Golden Triangle. Accommodation: The Imperial Golden Triangle Resort
Things to see and do
Travel from Tha Ton to Chiang Saen
Day 3: Chiang Saen
We recommend to visit the House of Opium as well as the Wat Phrathat Phukao, which offers a beautiful view over the Golden Triangle. Enjoy your drive along the Mekong River towards Chiang Khong. You may stop at Ban Kiu Kan, a White Hmong hill tribe village before returning to the Golden Triangle for accommodation. Accommodation: The Imperial Golden Triangle Resort
Day 4: Departure
Your final journey brings you from Chiang Saen via Chiang Rai and Doi Saket back to Chiang Mai. A stop in Chiang Rai is a must in order to explore the old city as well as the Oub Kham Museum. Continue further south and stop at Mae Khachan hot springs – another roadside tourist attraction, before returning back to Chiang Mai. Arrive at Chiang Mai and deliver your car to the Budget before 18:00 hrs.
Maekok River Village Resort (4 star)
333 Moo.4 Ban Huai Nam Yen , Thaton - 50280, Chiang Mai
Imperial Golden Triangle Resort (4 star)
222 Golden Triangle, Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.