With its remote setting and surrounding mountains, Mae Hong Son fits many travellers' preconceived notion of how a northern Thai city should be. A palpable Burmese influence and a border-town feel don't clash with this image, and best of all, there's hardly a túk-túk or tout to be seen
Car DetailsRoad transport from Phuket - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Khao Lak||1 night(s)||
Palm Garden Resort
Racha Kiri Resort and Spa
|Krabi||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Accommodation in shared twin rooms with air-condition and private bath room
- Daily breakfast at hotel/resort car rental for the duration of the trip with unlimited kilometers
- Thief protection Loss Damage Waiver
- Super Damage Waiver (Zero (0)-deductible for accident damage)
- Third party liability insurance
- Additional driver surcharge
- Free delivery and pick up within 30 kilometers of all locations - Free map - Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Phuket And Transfer To Khao Lak
This drive links Southern Thailand’s to premier island destinations, Phuket and Koh Samui. Your journey begins in Phuket and goes up north to Khao Lak. Cross Sarasin bridge, which connects Phuket and the mainland and continue towards Khok Kloi. Here you have the choice of either continuing straight towards Khao Lak or turn right towards Phang Nga (approx. 40 km), famous for its bizarre rock formations and islets rising from the sea. Take a boat trip to James Bond Island and the sea-gypsy village of Koh Panyi, built entirely on stilts over the sea. Returning to the mainland, drive back towards Khok Kloi and turn right, following the sign boards towards Thai Muang and Takua Pa. Along the way, you may visit Khao Lak – Lam Ru National Park and Lampi waterfall. Overnight at Palm Garden Khao Lak .
Things to see and do
Day 2: Khao Lak To Khanom
Today you may experience the real nature of Thailand. A pleasant drive eastwards on route 401 takes you to the Ratchaprabha Dam (Kheuan Chiaw Lan) where you may enjoy a pretty view over the lake towards limestone ridges. Long-tail boat trips around the lake can be arranged. Continue to Surat Thani. Before arriving in Surat Thani, you may opt for a visit of the ancient city of Chaiya and the forest temple of Suan Mokkh, a popular meditation retreat, 53 kilometers north of Surat Thani. Continue on road 401 in eastern direction for another 19 km to Kanchanadit, a small village well known for its Monkey Training School. Return to the main road and follow the signboards to Khanom and the Chada Racha Resort & Spa, your final destination for today (about 87 kms from Kanchanadit). The resort is located at the southern end of Nai Plao Beach. Overnight at: Rachakhiri Resort & Spa
Travel from Khao Lak to Khanom
Day 3: Khanom
Discover the beaches, waterfalls and caves in the area or take a boat trip to nearby Tan island – with some luck you will see dolphins along the route – or rent a boat through mangroves and visit the bustling fishing wharf and watch the fishermen bring in their daily catch (the hotel staff will be happy to assist arranging boat trips for you). Overnight at: Rachakhiri Resort & Spa
Day 4: Khanom To Krabi
Drive to Nakhon Sri Thammarat (85 km), the ancient Buddhist capital of the South. Here you may visit Wat Phra Mahathat Waramahaviharn, the National Museum (closed on Mon & Tue) and the Shadow puppet museum. Heading west from Nakhon Sri Thammarat you first pass Khiriwong Village and Khao Luang National Park, where impressive waterfalls highlight the influence of the 1835 m peak of the area. The drive then continues through rolling backcountry filled with rubber and oil-palm plantations. Arrive in Krabi and return your car to one of the Budget locations before 18:00 hrs. (accommodation in Krabi not included).
Travel from Khanom to Krabi
Day 5: Departure
You may choose to discover the fishing villages in the area before taking the 20-minute drive to Donsak ferry pier and cross to Samui island by car ferry. If you want to discover the coastal area further, drive to Nakhon Sri Thammarat (85 km), the ancient Buddhist capital of the South. Here you may visit Wat Phra Mahathat Waramahaviharn, the National Museum ( closed on Mon & Tue) and the Shadow puppet museum, before returning on route 401 to Donsak ferry pier for the 40-minute car ferry shuttle to Samui Island. Drive yourself to your hotel on Samui and return your car before 18:00 hrs. to Budget (accommodation on Samui not included in package price).
Palm Garden Resort (3 star)
33/3 Moo 6, Petchkasem Road, Khao Lak
Racha Kiri Resort and Spa (5 star)
99 Moo 8, Naiplao Beach, Khanom
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.