Coorg has a fascinating history and one of the interesting aspects of its colorful past. Coorg is one of the most visited tourist places in Karnataka. Some of the prominent tourist spots include the Fort, the former Palace, Omkareshwara Temple, the Gaddige, the Raja Seat, Abbey Falls, Tala Kavari etc.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Bangalore & Proceed To Coorg (280 Kms/approx 5.5 Hrs)
- Welcome at Bangalore airport/railway station & proceed to Coorg, located in the south-west part of Karnataka bordering Kerala. Coorg is one of India’s famous travel destination and has been called the Scotland of India by the British and also called as the Kashmir of South India. Coorg’s natural beauty, the people, the culture and the food is the major attraction which draws people towards Coorg from all over the world.
- Upon arrival check in at hotel & evening free for leisure.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: Coorg Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed for sightseeing by covering some of interesting places such as Sri Omkareshwara Temple built in 1741 by the King Lingarajendra II, for exculpation against Brahma Hatya. Built in the Mughal style, this temple involves Indo Islamic and Gothic architecture. There are not many Shiva temples in India that share similar architectural style. Also, Shivalingas that go by the name of Omkareshwara, are also a rarity in India. The temple's sanctum sanctorum and it's entrance is not smaller as one would find in most temples across India. The temple in general occupies a vast and wide area.
- The Madikeri Fort has an intriguing historical past. It was initially built of mud, and later replaced to the present structure by Tipu Sultan. The grand monument houses an Anglican church, a temple, a prison and a museum. Offering a panoramic views of the city, the entrance of the fort is adorned by two fascinating mortar elephants. The fort also holds remnants of the erstwhile British era, including a vintage clock tower. Sunsets viewed from the fort are simply magical.
- Raja’s Seat or the Seat of the King is a famous sunset point in Madikeri. It was once the platform from which the kings of Kodagu used to enjoy glorious sunsets. The spot got its name as it was the favourite recreational place for the kings. Raja’s seat stands inside a splendid garden of seasonal flowers and musical fountains. The garden becomes a colourful sight when the flowering plants are in full bloom. Today it is a famous destination of Madikeri that is visited by tourists throughout the year.
- Abbey falls is one of the most amazing attractions in the Coorg. . The picturesque view of the fall will surely take your breath away and also provide you with quite a few Kodak moments. The waterfall comes down from a height of 70 feet and provides a superb vista. You will also find a hanging bridge across the gorge from which an exceptional view of this waterfall is a sight to remember.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Coorg Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Coorg. Visit Bhagamandala Temple a pilgrimage place in Kodagu. It is situated on the river Kaveri in its upstream stretches. Bhagamandala is on the banks of the confluence of three rivers, Cauvery, Kannike and the sub terrain Sujyoti, popularly known as "Triveni Sangama". It is a common practice for pilgrims to take a dip in the triveni sangama and perform rituals to their ancestors before proceeding to Talakaveri, the birthplace of Kaveri.
- Later visit Talacauvery a holy pilgrimage for the Hindus. Located at the Brahmagiri hills and considered to be the origin of the river Kaveri, it is situated 1276m above the sea level. At present there is a tank at the place where Kaveri is believed to have originated. The river originates as a spring supplying water to this tank. The water then flows underground to emerge as the Kaveri river at some distance. This tank is considered to be a holy place to bathe on special days. Nearby there is also a small temple dedicated to Lord Agastheeswara and frequently visited by the pilgrims.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 4: Departure (280 Kms/approx 5.5 Hrs)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to visit Dubare Elephant camp. This camp has plenty of elephants which are trained under naturalists A trained Naturalist is at hand to explain the various aspects of Elephant history, ecology and biology. The elephants for the Mysore Dussehra were trained at Dubare elephant camp. There are also opportunities for trekking, elephant rides, fishing, and river rafting.
- Later visit Tibetan Golden Temple near Bailkoppa. This Tibetan settlement is the the second largest Tibetan settlement outside Tibet. There are over 7,000 monks and students at the Tibetan monastery. After the Chinese took over Tibet, the refugees were settled at Bylkuppe near Kushalnagar and the Buddhist Monastery was re-established here in 1972. The 40 ft tall golden Buddha statues are the major attractions of Bailkoppa. The statues of Buddha, Padmasambhava, and Amitayus are the notable ones. The walls of the temples and the institutions are decorated with colorful paintings depicting gods and demons from Tibetan Buddhist mythology. The altar is decorated with flowers, candles and incense sticks. Apart from the calm and peaceful surroundings there are shopping centers near the temples where one can shop for traditional Tibetan items like costumes, statues, carpets, jewelry etc.
- By afternoon return to Bangalore for departure, back to home with beautiful memories of a life time trip.
Sri Balaji Farm, Chick Bettagere Village, Guddehosur, Kushalnagar,, State Highway 91, Rasulpura, Karnataka 571234, Coorg
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.
|Budget||Standard||3N/4D Coorg Package||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury|
Sri Venkateshwara Residency
Bgrows Holiday Homes
La Flora Prakruth Resort
Hotel Coorg International
Parumpara Holiday Resort
Coorg County Resorts
Kadkani River Resort
Club Mahindra Virajpet
Ambatty Greens Resort
Club Mahindra Madikeri
The Windflower Resorts & Spa
Vivanta by Taj - Medikeri