Arunachal Pradesh located in north east of India has fifteen districts and is called "Land of the Rising Sun". The literary meaning of the "Land of the Rising Sun" is "the land of the dawn lit mountains." The state has its capital in Itanagar, which is also its largest city. The state, known for its natural beauty is backed by a strong agricultural economy- pulses, sugarcane, rice, wheat, maize being its main crops.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Jia Bhorelli Wild Resort, Nameri
Dolma Khangsar Guest House
Bomdila - Tourist Lodge
Kaziranga Florican Lodge
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati – Nameri (appox 280 Kms)
- Meet and greet upon arrival by The Cat Holidays representative. Transfer to Nameri National Park. Nameri National Park is 200 sq kms area is located in the Sonitpur district, bordering Arunachal Pradesh and it is also the core area of Nameri Tiger Reserve (344sq kms). It is the home of Mammals like Elephant, Tiger, leopard, Sambar, Barking deer, Hog Deer, Wild Boar, Gaur, Slow Loris, Gaplangur, Burmese Ferret Badger, and over 350 species of birds including White-winged Wood Duck, Ibis bill (uncommon), Ruddy Kingfisher, Palla’s fishing eagle, Lesser Adjutant stork , Greater spotted Eagle, Rufous necked hornbill, Great pied Indian hornbill, Wreathed hornbill, Long-billed Ringed Plover, Sultan Tit, and Yellow-bellied and White-throated Fantails. Another important wild life sanctuary of Arunachal Pradesh The Pakhui (Pakke) Wildlife Sanctuary adjoins the Park on its North-Eastern point. The river Jia- Bhoroli and its tributaries namely the Diji, Dinai, Doigurung, Nameri, Dikorai, Kharietc crisscross the park. During rainy season few Jheels also dot the area. One can enjoy rafting in the Jia Bhoroli river in the south western boundary.
- Overnight in Nameri.
Day 2: Nameri National Park – Dirang (approx. 195 Kms)
- After Breakfast transfer to Dirang (195kms / 6-7 hrs). En-route you will be visiting the following beautiful places:
- Bhalukpong: Situated on the Assam-Arunachal border, Bhalukpong is a small town located along the southern reaches of the Himalayas in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh. Bhalukpong is another picturesque spot for angling and leisurely picnics.
- Tipi Orchid Sanctuary and Research Centre: An Orchidarium at Tipi (5 kms from Bhalukpong) on the way to Bomdila is the Botanical paradise. About 300 species of orchids can be seen in the flora – glass house. Some of them are rare and endangered species. By the side of the glass house there is an orchid museum too. Overnight at Dirang.
Travel from Nameri to Dirang
Day 3: Dirang
- After Breakfast, Full day sightseeing of Dirang. Dirang is 40 kms from Bomdila is situated at an altitude of 1497 meters. Dirang a beautiful hill station comprises of Tribal Mahayana Monapas sharing their traditions and heritage which are similar to Western Bhutan. Dirang is located on a picturesque valley in between Bomdila and Tawang and due to its lower altitude than Bomdila the weather is much milder & comfortable, a constant wind blows along the river valley making it a very pleasant place to stay. The spectacular natural view of Dirang surely makes the visitors spell bound. The visitors find numerous beautiful natural objects of nature to pick from. Tourists are always free to squeeze the abundant beauty of nature. The high peaks and mountains of Dirang are irresistible for mountaineers and trekkers. They give maximum pleasure to the adventurous tourists.
- Dirang Dzong or the locally known as “JONG” – the fort at Dirang was built in 1831 represent the authority of the King / Chief and also an important centre of Public Administration is an important historical monument for the Monpas of Dirang circle. It was also the centre of Military and Judicial activities concerning the entire population within its jurisdiction. It is at a strategically located hill top and comprises of an array of four storied fortified stone buildings in which the entire village could take refuge at the time of war. It is the only one of its kind in the entire area.
- The other local attractions, which the tourists visit, are the National Yak Research Centre (situated half-way between Dirang and Tawang). The Regional Apple Nursery & Kiwi Farms are situated across the river valley and one has to cross over through a small bridge.
- The other famed tourist spot is the Hot Water Spring, which is also the main attraction for locals, who supposedly take bath in the Hot Springs as its water is said to possess curative properties.
- Sangti Valley, located at 7 km from Dirang is one of the seasonal homes of the majestic creature called the black-necked crane that flies across from China and perhaps Leh, right into its laps. Locally termed as Tung Tung ka UK by the people. According to locals, the black-necked cranes, migrate in the valley during November and December, feeding and breeding during the winter months and then revert back to their original homes along with their young ones during the months of April and May every year.
- It is the base camp for trekking to Gorichen peak and other bird watching trails. Later come back hotel. Evening Visit Dirang Market. Overnight in Dirang.
Day 4: Dirang – Tawang (approx 150 Kms)
- After breakfast transfer to Tawang (150 kms / 7-8hrs). While going to Tawang you will be visiting:
- Jaswant Garh: The war memorial is located 14 kms from Sella Pass on the way to Tawang. The memorial pay homage to Jaswant Singh Rawat, Mahavir Chakra Awardee posthumous (the second highest award from the Indian Army). In the famous battle of Nuranang against Chinese in November 1962, Rawat and two other soldiers from 4th Batallion Garhwal Rifles were instrumental in killing 300 Chinese soldiers in 72 hours.
- Sella Pass: The entry point into the Tawang Valley is Sella pass at an elevation of 13700 ft above the sea level. Legend says that a Monpa woman supported espy Jashwant Singh during his battle with the Chinese. She brought sepoy Jashwant supplies and used to heal his wounds. When Jashwant got martyrdom she killed herself as an act of loyalty. The glimpse of Paradise Lake in the Sella Pass makes your visit worth. Most of the time the lake is covered with thick blanket of snow.
- Overnight in Tawang.
Travel from Dirang to Tawang
Day 5: Tawang
- After Breakfast, Full day Sightseeing in Tawang which includes the major ones are:
- Tawang Monastery (Vihar): Tawang Monastery about 400 years old, situated at an altitude of approximately 10,000 ft. is the second largest Buddhist monastery in India. It also holds the distinction of being the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama. The monastery is the house of more than 700 monks. The monastery was founded by Merag Lama Lodre Gyamtso, in 1681 in accordance to the wishes of the 5th Dalai Lama, Nagwang Lobsang Gyatso. As per the legend, the site of the Monastery was chosen by the horse of Merag Lama. Merag Lama, who had been unable to decide a site to establish the monastery. One day he was praying in cave, seeking a divine guidance. When he came out after the prayers, he found his horse was missing. On search, the horse was located standing quietly on a hilltop. Considering that as the sign of divine blessing he decided to construct the monastery at the very spot. The monastery is also called Galden Namgey Lhatse meaning celestial paradise. There is a magnificent 8 meter high statue of Lord Buddha. The ancient library inside the courtyard has an excellent collection of thangkas, painted with the blood from the nose of 5th Dalai Lamaand valuable Buddhist manuscripts mainly Kanjur and Tanjur numbering 850 bundles.
- Urqelling Monastery: It is the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama who is the only Indian to have risen to such a high position in Gelupka Sect of Buddhism so far. Inside the monastery there are several Stupas (Vihar) and people from all walks of life visit this place during Buddhist new year to get the blessing for the coming year.
- The Craft Centre: The craft centre in Tawang sells beautiful masks, hand woven carpets, jewellery in silver, coral and amber, ‘chubas’ the local dress and delightful affordable mementos.
- Tawang War Memorial: The memorial is dedicated to the martyrs of the 1962 Sino-Indian war. The memorial is 40-foot-high and like a stupa in design. It is locally called ‘Namgyal Chortan’. The names of 2420 martyrs imprinted in gold on 32 black granite plagues.
- Overnight in Tawang.
Day 6: Tawang –bomdila (approx. 255 Kms)
- After Breakfast transfer from Tawang to Bomdilla. Bomdila is on the way to Tawang, situated at height of 8500 ft (distance from Tempura 180 kms), Bomdila is a picturesque town in the foothills of Himalayas and the headquarter of West Kameng District the land of the Monpa, Sherdukpen, Aka (Hrusso), Miji and Bogun (Khawas) tribes. One can see the brilliant landscape and snow-clad Gorichen ranges of the Himalaya on a clear day. With its apple orchards, Buddhist Gomphas and a magnificent view of the Kameng Valley Bomdila can be named as a mini paradise. Bomdila is also an ideal place for nature lovers with several trekking and hiking trails are now opened for the adventure seeker. The places of interest in Bomdilla to visit:
- Bomdila Monastery: The monastery has been built under the guidance of Dalai Lama. It is a residence of more than 200 Buddhist monks. From the monastery one can have the breathtaking view of the entire Bomdila. The time of pray is in dawn and dusk, attending which, one can have the absolute peace of mind.
- Also visit Craft Centre, where very fine wooden carpets of colourful designs and Masks are produced.
- Bomdila also offers a Bird's eye view of Kangto and Gorichen peaks (highest peaks in the state) amidst the Himalayan landscape and snow clad ranges. Overnight in Bomdila hotel.
Travel from Tawang to Bomdila
Day 7: Bomdila – Kaziranga National Park (approx 225 Kms)
- After breakfast, Check out of the hotel and visit the Craft Centre which Opens at 9:00 am and produces very fine, colourful exquisite 'dragon' designs carpets, Buddhist Tangkas (wall hangings) and masks. The Ethnographic Museum is another spot, worth visiting.
- Bomdila also offers a Bird's eye view of Kangto and Gorichen peaks (highest peaks in the state) amidst the Himalayan landscape and snow clad ranges.
- Thereafter we set off for our drive to Kaziranga National Park. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Travel from Bomdila to Kaziranga
Day 8: Kaziranga National Park – Guwahati
- Early morning explore any one zone of Kaziranga National Park on back of Elephant i.e. ELEPHANT SAFARI (Optional: Unless it is mentioned in the inclusion). Get up early morning at 5.30AM and start for both central range ‘Kohora’ and western range ‘Bagori’. Apart from the Rhino, other species found are Hog Deer, Swamp Deer, Wild Buffalo, Elephants and if you are lucky then tiger also. It is also home to pelicans, storks and darters as there are a number of water bodies inside the Park. At 6:30 AM return to the hotel / resort for Breakfast. After Breakfast take little rest in the resort & hotel.
- Kaziranga National Park, has become synonymous with successful conservations of Great One Horn Rhinoceros (from the Greek word, "rhino" means nose and "ceros" means horn) / Unicornis (from the Latin word, "uni" means one and "cornis" also means horn) and also a home of many other threatened species including Indian Elephant (Elephant Maximus), Tiger (Panthera tigris), Hoolock Gibbon (Bunipithecus hoolock), Ganges dolphin (Platanista gangetica), Sambar (Cervus unicolor), Barasingha or Swamp Deer (duvauceli), Hog Deer, Indian Muntjac (Muntiacus muntjak), Water Buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) and Gaur (Bos frontalis) etc.
- There are also over 500 species of birds have been recorder in the park including 25 species of globally threatened category. Over and above there are 21 rare and endangered species. In winter one can observe a large breeding population of Spot Bill Pelicans about one thousand breeding nests are found in a place which has been named as Pelican Colony in the Eastern Range.
- Among the reptiles species like Water Monitor Lizard (Varanus salvator), Indian python (Python molurus), Cobra (Naja naja) and the King Cobra are found. Return back to resort / hotel. Overnight in Kaziranga.
- And after Breakfast come back to Guwahati (250 kms / 4½ hrs). Afternoon visit Kamakhya Temple and State Museum.
- Kamakhya Temple: Over the centuries, Kamrup Kamakhya has been the seat of the powerful tantrik cult in India. Situated atop the Nilachal Hill in Guwahati, it is one of the 108 Shakti Peethas of the country. Rising to a modest height of 562 feet above the mighty river Brahmaputra, the hill on which the temple stands commands a magnificent view of the entire city. Several smaller shrines and temples dedicated to Kala Bhairava, Shiva and other Hindu deities are also located in its vicinity. Overnight in Guwahati.
- Optional: Boat Cruise at Brahmaputra River in the evening. Overnight at Guwahati.
Travel from Kaziranga to Guwahati
Day 9: Kaziranga National Park – Guwahati Airport: Departure
Jia Bhorelli Wild Resort, Nameri
Nameri National Park, Nameri
Hotel Pemaling, near Petrol Pump, Narangchilo, P.O. & P.S -790 101,, Dirang
Dolma Khangsar Guest House
Gompa Road, Tawang 790104, India, Tawang
Bomdila - Tourist Lodge
West Kameng,, Bomdila
Kaziranga Florican Lodge
Kaziranga National Park, Kohora, Golaghat (Assam), Kaziranga
G.S. Road, Ulubari, Near Bishnuram Madhi Flyover, Guwahati
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.