Gangtok is a municipality, the capital and the largest town of the Indian state of Sikkim. It also is the headquarters of the East Sikkim district. Gangtok is located in the eastern Himalayan range, at an altitude of 1,650 m (5,410 ft). The town's one lakh population belongs to different ethnicity such as Nepalese, Lepchas and Bhutia. Nestled within higher peaks of the Himalaya and enjoying a year-round mild temperate climate, Gangtok is at the centre of Sikkim's tourism industry.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Asian Heights
- Return transfers from Baghdogra Airport or NJP Railway Station
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1 : New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Bagdogra – Gangtok ( 5500 Ft /1677 Mts, 135 Kms / 4½ -5 Hrs )
Day 2 : Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Things to see and do
White Hill, located on a ridge in Gangtok, is a two storey architecture. The structure is named after the first British political mandarin in Sikkim, J. Claude White. ...
Ban Jhakri Falls: This spectacular falls plunges from a height of 70 ft amidst lush green surroundings. Ban Jhakri Falls Energy Park, a well-maintained park has been built ...
Enchey Monastery meaning solitary temple, was built in 1909 and is a 200 year old monastery. Located at a distance of 3 km from the city, the monastery is built on the spot, ...
Rumtek Monastery also called the Dharmachakra Centre, is a gompa located in the Indian state of Sikkim near the capital Gangtok. It is a focal point for the sectarian tensions...
Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden, established in 1987, is home to different varieties of botanical species. Located near Rumtek Monastery, this garden houses rare flowers, ...
Day 3 : Excursion To Tshangu Lake And Baba Mandir (12400ft / 3780 Mts / 43kms / 3hrs)
- After breakfast at hotel you will depart for full day sight seeing of Tshangu Lake and Baba Mandir. (Nathu La Pass to Republic of China is nearly 20 Kms and is an optional tour). Return to Gangtok in the evening, overnight stay at hotel.
- Tshangu Lake: is one of the most popular destinations for tourists; it is located at 43 km from Gangtok. The lake is about 1km long, oval in shape, 15 metres deep and is considered sacred by the local people. This placid lake remains frozen during the winter months. On the way to the Lake, you will enjoy beautiful scenery and snow capped mountains. The cool water of the Lake is perfectly attuned with the scenic beauty around.
- (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tshangu Lake is closed we will provide alternate sightseeing).
Things to see and do
The Tsomgo lake in Sikkim is a holy lake worshipped by the Sikkimese. Tsomgo (Changu) lake, which is hardly 20 km away from the famous Nathula Pass and about 400 km from Lhasa...
The temple lies on the road between the Nathula and the Jelepla Pass and is visited by hundreds of people each day. The temple is believed to have wish-fulfilling powers and ...
Day 4 : Gangtok- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport (135 Kms / 4½- 5 Hrs)
Hotel Asian Heights
Near Assembly Hall, Sonam Tshering Marg, Vishal Gaon - 737101, Gangtok
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.