Guwahati, also known as the "City of Eastern Light" is the largest city, not only in Assam, but also the entire north east. One of the fastest developing cities in the North East. The Guwahati Planetarium is an excellent place to visit by children and those interested in science.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Nameri Eco Camp
Dolma Khangsar Guest House
Hotel Fern Residency
- All sightseeing and transfers by 01 AC Scorpio, inclusive of fuel and driver allowance - Local car (NAC Sumo) and Local guide in Tawang
- Govt. Service tax 3.09%
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Guwahati – Eco Camp (220 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Day 2 : Eco Camp – Dirang (160 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Travel from Nameri to Dirang
Day 3 : Dirang – Tawang (145 Km / 5 Hours)
- After breakfast, visit the old Dirang Village. Later drive to Tawang at about 10000 ft. On the way, stop by the Sela Pass at 13700 ft, the highest motorable pass in the Northeast. Also, visit Nuranang fall. Check into hotel on arrival. Evening walk around Tawang town.
- Locally known as ‘DZONG’, the 17th century fort at Dirang represented the authority of the King / Chief and also acted as an important centre of public administration. It was also the centre of military and judicial activities concerning the entire population within his jurisdiction. The fort was built at Dirang in 1831. It is strategically located and is a four storied fortified building in which the entire village could take refuge at the time of war. The two-storied fort was built out of huge stone slabs and wooden logs. The wooden gate leading to the fort is decorated with local architectural designs. Realizing the importance of the monument recently the archeological department of the state has initiated moves to renovate the fort and also to declare it as a national monument.
Travel from Dirang to Tawang
Day 04 : Tawang
- After breakfast, visit the famous 400 years old Tawang Monastery. Intermingled with the lamas (monks). Later, drive to visit, PT T’so surrounded by a picturesque landscape. On the way back to Tawang visit Ani Gompa. Evening visit market.
- Ganden Namgyal Lhatse the Tawang Monastery is one of the largest lamaseries of Mahayana sects and the second oldest Monastery in the world after Lhasa. The Monastery is housed with more than 500 monks. This Monastery was founded by a monk Mera Lama Lodre Gyatso a contemporary of His Holiness Fifth Dalai Lama in 17th century AD.
- Brahma-dung-chung Ani Gompa, is the oldest Ani Gompa in Tawang district situated north of Tawang township about 8 Kms from the town. This Ani Gonpa was constructed by a Lama Karchen Yeshi Gelek of Tsang province of Tibet in the year 1595 AD. Presently the Gonpa is housed with 40 Anis (Nuns).
- Note: PT t’so visit is subject to permission granted by the Indian Army. Permit can be obtained locally (at Tawang) from DC office.
Day 05 : Tawang – Bomdila (180 Kms / 7 Hrs)
- After breakfast drive back to Bomdila at an altitude of 8000 ft. Enroute visit Urgelling monastery – the birth place of the 6th Dalai Lama .Before crossing Sela Pass stop at Jaswant Garh, a war memorial of 1962 saga. Check into hotel on arrival. Afternoon visit lower Gompa and the local market.
- The Urgelling Monastery is believed to have been in existence since 14th century. It was one of the first three monasteries built by Urgen Sangpo, the youngest brother of Terton Pempalingpa, the famous Treasure-Revealer. It was here in 1683 Tsangyang Tashi, His Holiness the 6th Dalai Lama was born. He was the son of Lama Tashi Tenzin of Urgelling village a descendent of Terton Pempalingpa
Travel from Tawang to Bomdila
Day 06 : Bomdila – Tezpur (160 Kms / 6 Hrs)
Travel from Bomdila to Tezpur
Day 07 : Tezpur – Guwahati ( 180 Kms / 4 Hrs)
Nameri Eco Camp
Nameri Eco Camp Rd, Potasali, Assam 784102, Nameri
Hotel Pemaling, near Petrol Pump, Narangchilo, P.O. & P.S -790 101,, Dirang
Dolma Khangsar Guest House
Gompa Road, Tawang 790104, India, Tawang
Tsepal Yangjom (3 star)
Main Bazarline Bomdila, District-West Kameng Arunachal Pradesh - 790 001, Bomdila
Hotel Fern Residency (3 star)
N.T Road, Baruah Chuburi, Dekargaon, Ketekibari Tezpur - 784501, Tezpur
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.