Guwahati - Shillong - Mwallynong - Cherrapunjee - 04 Nights / 5 Days - Best of Meghalaya with waterfalls & Live root bridge
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Ri Kynjai Hotel
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Guwahati ( Assam )
- Arrive Guwahati airport and transfer to hotel. Enroute to hotel visit Kamakhya temple – it is situated at the top of the Nilachal Hill at about 800 feet above the sea level. The entire temple complex not only comprises of many other temples but also a whole set of people connected with them. Apart from the main devi temple, it also comprises of some other major temples of devi Kali, Tara, Bagala, Chinnamasta, Bhuvanesvari, Bhairavi and Dhumavati. (Timing 08:00 A.M till 01:00 P.M & 3:00 P.M till its gets dark)
- Also visit Sankardev Kalakhetra - located in a beautifully landscaped setting and inaugurated in 1998, is a multi-Arts complex showcasing the rich culture of the state. Named after the most honoured Vaishnava saint and the greatest integrator of Assamese society Srimanta Sankardeva, the Kalakshetra houses a Central Museum where objects and day-to-day articles used by different ethnic groups are exhibited. It preserves the cultural identity of various communities and tribes of Assam by promoting dance, drama, music and art.There is also an Artists’ Village that creates the atmosphere of a typical Assamese community, the Lalit-Kala Bhavan art gallery where exhibitions, art and sculpture workshops are also held, a Heritage Park, an open-air theatre with the capacity to hold 2,000 people, a traditional Vaishnavite temple and the Sahitya Bhavan library of rare books and manuscripts. Overnight at Guwahati.
- Note: Sightseeing possible if arrival in morning time.
Day 2: Guwahati – Shillong ( Assam – Meghalaya )
Travel from Guwahati to Shillong
Day 3: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong ( Meghalaya )
Day 4: Shillong – Mwallynong - Shillong ( Meghayala )
- After breakfast excursion to Mawllynong (100 kms / 3 hrs drive approx). Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
- Note: It is advisable to carry have packed lunch to Mwallynong.
- Mawlynnong village, situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong on the Shillong-Dawki Road, 30 kms from Pynursla, is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard, which all other villages need to aspire to be. Dubbed the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine, the primary Village School till class V boasts of its no dropout record and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways and beautiful flowerbed all along mark the village, with waterfalls, *a living root bridge, hilly rivulets, acacia plantation and an excellent view of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambience of this village. Farming of betel nut & leaves, broomsticks and pepper along with bee rearing are the primary economic activity of this Village and with the village headman himself taking the responsibility of making visitors comfortable, a day in this village gives an insight into the life of the Khasis, the influence of the Church and its metamorphosis.
Day 5: Shillong – Guwahati Airport Drop ( Meghalaya – Assam )
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport (140 kms/ 4 hrs drive approx).
- END OF SERVICES.
Kiranshree Portico (4 star)
Guwahati-Shillong Rd, Paltan Bazaar -781008, Guwahati
Ri Kynjai Hotel (4 star)
U.C.C. Road, Umniuh Khawn, Ri Bhoi, Shillong 793001, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.