Lying in the Bay of Bengal in a picturesque setting, Port Blair is the largest city and the capital of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. The city gets its name from Lieutenant Archibald Blair, who is said to have established a colony at its site in the year 1789. Exotic and peaceful, Be it families, couples, honeymooners or adventure-sports enthusiasts, Port Blair has something for everybody. Andaman and Nicobar Islands offers tourists a fulfilling holiday experience
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Port Blair||3 night(s)||
Hotel Guru International Andaman
- Airport Pick Up by exclusive Ac /Non AC Vehicle
- Samudrika museum, anthropological museum, chatham saw mill, fisheries museum, cellular jail, sound & light show
- Intercity Transfer
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Pick Up From Airport, City Tour And Sound And Light Show
- Pick up, Our representative will receive you at Veer Saverkar Airport, Port Blair and will escort to the hotel, he will also assist you to do hotel check-in formalities. After check-in and little relax, you will be taken to the following places.
- SAMUDRIKA MUSEUM : It is run by the Indian Navy. The museum has seven sections presenting Geographical information, Marine life, Archaeology and people of Andaman. It has a good collection of shells, corals and a few colorful fishes
- ANTHROPOLOGICAL MUSEUM : It was started in the year 1975-76. It illustrates the four Negrioto Tribes of the Andamanese viz; the Jarawas, Sentinels, Great Andamanese, the Onges and two Mongoloid tribes of the Nicobar Viz; the Nicobariese and the Shompens. It not only describes the life style of the nomadic tribes of Andaman and Nicobar Island but also defines their stage by stage development till the present age. The articles on display are the various handicrafts, tools, weapons, arts and crafts, and photographs etc.
- CHATHAM SAW MILL : It is one of the oldest and largest Saw Mill in Asia lying on the tiny island connected by a bridge over a stretch of sea-water. It was set up in1883. It is owned by the government. It is still using the machinery set up initially by the British for wood processing. It was targeted by the invading Japanese forces in March 1942.
- FISHERIES MUSEUM : It has 350 different species of marine life. The different kinds of marine life on display have been collected from the Bay of Bengal and the Indo-Pacific Ocean. It is situated adjacent to the Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex, Port Blair.
- CELLULAR JAIL : This historic building was built in the 19th century to look like a wheel with seven spokes. Today only three wings of the seven remain. It took 10 years to complete. It is called ‘Cellular’ because it is “Cells beyond Cells”.
- SOUND AND LIGHT SHOW : At the National Memorial ‘Cellular Jail’ you can attend the Sound and Light Show where the heroic saga of the Indian Freedom Struggle is brought alive by the means of light and sound at the jail premises, presented in English and Hindi, which takes you back to the British Era.
Things to see and do
This museum is run by the Indian Navy . This museum aims to generate awareness about the environment in the ocean and the marine life. The museum has five sections presenting...
Fisheries Museum, It is surrounded by Marina Park, Andaman Water Sports Complex, and Children's Traffic Park, within 1.5 kms from Port Blair Bus Terminus. It exhibits species ...
The prison was known to house many notable Indian activists during the struggle for India's independence. The Cellular Jail is one of the murkiest chapters in the history of ...
Day 2: North Bay And Ross Island
- After Breakfast you will be escorted to Andaman Water Sports Complex to catch a ferry which will be your mate for the entire excursion to Ross Island and North Bay.
- NORTH BAY : It is also called “The Gate Way to Port Blair”. This place is famous for its coral reefs, exotic verities’ of beautiful ornamental fishes and water sports activities. The breathtaking stretch of coral bed leaves you spellbound. North Bay is the foremost snorkeling point of Andaman. Apart from snorkeling and glass-bottom boat ride, scuba diving, underwater sea walk facility is also available at North Bay.
- ROSS ISLAND : It was the Capital of Port Blair during British and Japanese regime, prior to India’s Independence. It was named after Sir Daniel Ross a marine surveyor. It was nick named “The Paris of the East”. It is now under the supervision of the Indian Navy. This island is an ideal destination for nature walk amidst sylvan surroundings with deer’s, peacocks and exotic birds.
Things to see and do
Andaman Water Sports Complex is a well known sports complex in India. The unique sports complex offers many adventurous water sports activities. It is located close to the ...
The only way to explore the island is by foot. Ross & Smith Islands is pretty small and there is no local transport to take tourists around the island. It takes just a couple...
This island is famous for breathtaking view for under water Corrals and Marine Life as well as spectacular Natural Beauty. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are also available for...
Day Trip To Havelock (57kms)
- In the morning you will be escorted to Phoenix Bay Harbor to board MV. Makruzz (1 ½ Hrs) or Govt. Ferry (2 ½ Hrs) which will take you to Havelock Island.
- HAVELOCK ISLAND : The island is named after a British Army Officer. The island offers state-of-the-art facilities for snorkeling and scuba diving. Havelock is famous for its white sand and crystal clear and transparent waters.
- At the Harbour our representative will receive you and will help you to find a restaurant for breakfast (if you didn’t had it already) and then he will escort you to Radhanagar Beach which is Asia’s 7th most beautiful beach. At Radhanagar Beach you can go for swimming or just get your feet wet and admire the serene beauty of the beach. In the evening we will start our return journey to Port Blair enjoying the sea breeze and the sight of the changing colors of the sky of the setting sun and most of the time accompanied by dolphins and flying fishes swimming along the boat.
Things to see and do
Day 4: Departure From Port Blair
Hotel Guru International Andaman (3 star)
Opp.CE'S Office ,APWD, Port blair -744101,Andaman and nicobar islands, india, Port Blair
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.