Bhutan is a unique country both culturally and environmentally. Perched high in the Himalayas, it is the world’s last remaining Buddhist Kingdom. It has developed the philosophy of Gross National Happiness; where development is measured using a holistic approach of well-being, not just based on gross domestic product. Chilies are considered a vegetable and ema datshi the national dish. Ema datchi consists of green chilies mixed in with a Bhutanese cheese sauce
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang
Kichu Resort Paro
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Station
- Transfer & sightseeing as per the itinerary by NON AC Toyota Car / Van / Bus.
- Services of an Escort cum Guide as per the itinerary for Bhutan Portion only.
- Current Bhutan State & Hotel tax as on 01/01/2011.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Paro – Thimphu (65 Kms / 02 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Day 02 : Thimphu – Wangdu (70 Kms / 03 Hrs, 1350mts / 4430fts)
- After breakfast go for half day Thimphu sightseeing - visit the Indigenous hospital where traditional old art of healing is still practiced, National library, Royal goldsmith workshop and Memorial Chorten built in the memory of the late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, 15 century. Also visit the new Drupthob nunnery temple and Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Point).
- Afternoon drive to Wangdiphodrang (70 KMS / 03 HRS, 1350Mts / 4430Fts) the last town on the highway before entering central Bhutan. The drive over Dochu La pass is very scenic with fascinating view of mountains of Bhutan. Overnight at Hotel.
Travel from Thimphu to Wangdu
Day 03 : Wangdu – ( Punakha ) – Paro (135 Kms / 05 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Travel from Wangdu to Paro
Day 04 : Paro
- After breakfast go for Paro Sightseeing - visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel Dzong which still attracts visitors due to the strategic location of the fort. The fort defended the Paro valley from the Tibetan invasion from the north in the early 17th century. On clear weather Mount Chomolhari 7320 meters can be seen towering over the Dzong. Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as Ta-Dzong. Visit Ta Dzong (National Museum) Opening Hours – whole week - 0900HRS TO 1600HRS & Closed On National Holidays , which was built in 1651 as a watchtower. Since 1951 the Dzong has been re-established as the National museum and holds fascinating collections of art and religious Thankha paintings. A short walk downhill to the Rinpung Dzong which serves as the administrative center and school for monks. Walk further down crossing the traditional bridge into Paro Town. Overnight at Hotel.
- Note: Kindly note that after September 2011 Earth quake, Ta Dzong (Paro Museum) had been closed and shifted to exhibition hall just above the museum. Now the present exhibition hall will be open throughout the week except for government holidays. All tourists visiting Dzongs and temples must be dressed appropriately. No half pant, sleeve less shirts, floaters, etc are allowed.
Things to see and do
National Museum of Bhutan is a cultural museum in the town of Paro in western Bhutan. Established in 1968, in the renovated ancient Ta-dzong building, above Rinpung Dzong ...
Day 05 : Paro – Onward Connection
Hotel Migmar (4 star)
Olakha Lam, Thimphu
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang (3 star)
Chuzomsa,Wangduephodrang, Bhutan, Wangdu
Kichu Resort Paro
Post Box Number : 1280 Lango, Paro Bhutan, Paro
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.