The capital of the state of Sikkim, Gangtok is an attractive tourist destination, reflecting a unique ambience which derives from its happy blend of tradition and modernity. Alongside the deeply felt presence of stupas and monasteries, Gangtok also bustles like any other thriving town. Some of the key places to visit include Rumtek Monastery, Do-Drul Chorten, Enchey Monastery, Tashi View Point and the local bazaar, Lal Bazaar.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
The MapleWood Resort
- All transfer By 01 Non Ac Indica / Wagon R / Tata Sumo / Similar
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary - vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis)
- All permit fees and hotel taxes
- Rates are valid for indian nationals only
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Bagdogra & Proceed To Gangtok (130 Kms/approx 4 Hrs)
- Welcome at New Jalpaiguri railway station/ Bagdogra airport & proceed to gangtok located on a ridge at a height of 5500 feet, with a spectacular view of the Khangchendzonga, the town provides the perfect base for travel through the state.
- On arrival check in at hotel.
- By evening visit MG Marg, the main street of Gangtok town is a great place to chill out. The country’s first litter and spit free zone, no vehicular traffic is allowed into the marg. You can sit at the Titanic Park or at the various benches stretched across the mall and take in the carnival like atmosphere.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Things to see and do
Marg is a Hindi word which stands for Road. So essentially MG Marg means MG Road, all Indians will know that always an important road (if not the most important road) in any ...
Day 2: Gangtok Sighteeing
- After breakfast, proceed for a full day sightseeing tour by covering the most interesting places such as Tashi View Point which offers a sweeping view of Kanchenjunga snow peaks on a clear day. In the opposite mountains, you can see the Phodong and Labrang monasteries.
- Secondly visit Ganesh Tok, which is the highest point around Gangtok (6500ft) which can be reached after 6-7 km steep ascend from the main town situated next to the telivision tower on the mall hill nestled on gangtok Nathula Road.
- Hanuman Tok known for its wonderful serene ambience and a viewing area that offers spectacular view of Kanchenjunga range.
- The Ridge is a flat wonderful stretch of road just above the Gangtok Town. The ridge is lined with plants and trees which when in bloom are a riot of colours.
- Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre is known for its souvenirs like carpets, hand carved tables (choktses), traditional handcrafts, furniture, handlooms carpets and other products are produced & exhibited for sale.
- Do-Drul Chorten encircled by 108 prayer wheels & one of the most important and biggest stupas found in Sikkim.
- Nam Nang View Point (Ropeway on direct payment basis) situated in the vicinity of the Sikkim Legislative Assembly, one can have very good walk from Nam-Nang View point to Sikkim Press & experience the breath taking view of the dense forest and lush green valley.
- Ranka Monastery a splendid architecture symbolizes the traditional Tibetan tradition. The entire place is done in bright colours, which will surely catch your attention the moment you spot it.
- Enchey monastery (200 years old) the site on which the monastery stands is believed to be blessed by the famous tantric master Druptob Karpo.
- Later visit the Ban Jhakri Waterfall, a 100-foot waterfall is located in a landscaped park. There is also a manmade lake here with a dragon at the center. The entire park is themed on Shaman culture and you can see Sikkimese architecture visible all across the park.
- By evening return to Hotel for an overnight stay.
Things to see and do
Gangtok is a beautiful hill town and the capital of north-eastern state of Sikkim. This is one place which many tourists like to combine along with a visit to Darjeeling. In ...
Day 3: Departure (130 Kms/approx 4 Hrs)
The MapleWood Resort (3 star)
Lower Bozoghari Bypass Road, Near Sivalaya Mandir, Lower Burtuk - 737101, Gangtok
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.
|Budget||Standard||Mythical Paradise With Mapple Wood Resort||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury|
The Swiss Hotel
Hotel Tibet Gallery
The Sikkim Continental
The Sikkim Retreat
The Dewachen Retreat
Crown De La Cruz Residency
Golden Star Continental & Spa
Hotel Tashi Palace
The Himalayan Heights
The MapleWood Resort
Ttakshang Residency Hotel & Spa
Viceroy Le Primula
Temi House - Homestay & Service Apartments
Orange Village Resort
Hotel The Elgin Nor-Khill
The Royal Plaza Gangtok
Tara Palace Hotel
Mayfair Spa & Resort