Chiang Rai Province has such a diversity of attractions that its capital is often overlooked. This small delightful city is worth getting to know, however, with its relaxed atmosphere, good-value accommodation and great local food. It's also the logical base from which to plan excursions to the more remote corners of the province.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Rai||1 night(s)||
- Transfers and tours by air-conditioned van with English-, German-, or French speaking guide
- Baggage handling - Entrance fees - Boat trip
- Lunch and Dinner
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Chiang Rai
Day 2: Departure
- Breakfast at the hotel. Depart from Chiang Rai to Baan Kiu Kaan near Chiang Khong to visit a White Hmong Village. Continue to Chiang Saen, the former capital of the first Thai Kingdom, situated directly on the Mekong river at the border between Thailand and Laos. Visit Wat Phra Dhat Jom Kitti by climbing up 383 steps to the top of the hill. Also visit Wat Chedi Luang and the small museum nearby. Lunch at a local restaurant. Continue to the Golden Triangle, where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos convene. Short boat trip along the Mekong River in the Golden Triangle area.
- Option 1: Transfer to Chiang Rai airport for a flight to your next destination or to a hotel of your choice in Chiang Rai or the Golden Triangle.
- Option 2: Transfer to Chiang Mai airport for a flight to your next destination or to a hotel of your choice in Chiang Mai city. Note: airfare, accommodation in Chiang Rai / Golden Triangle or Chiang Mai on day 2 are not included.
Things to see and do
Wat Phra That Chedi Luang (วัดพระธาตุเจดีย์หลวง). Located in Chiang Saen old town, was built by King Saen Phu, the 3rd ruler of the Lanna kingdom in early 13th Century. ...
Rimkok Resort (3 star)
6 Moo 4 Chiangrai, Chiang Rai
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.