Bhutan, officially the Kingdom of Bhutan, is a landlocked state in South Asia located at the eastern end of the Himalayas.Bhutan the happiest country in Asia and the eighth-happiest in the world. Bhutan's landscape ranges from subtropical plains in the south to the sub-alpine Himalayan heights in the north.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang
Kichu Resort Paro
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Station
- Transfer & sightseeing as per the itinerary by NON AC Toyota Car / Van / Bus.
- Services of an Escort cum Guide as per the itinerary for Bhutan Portion only.
- Current Bhutan State & Hotel tax as on 01/01/2011.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Paro – Thimphu (65 Kms / 02 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Day 02 : Thimphu
Things to see and do
Day 03 : Thimphu – Wangdi (70kms / 03 Hrs, 1350mts / 4430fts)
Travel from Thimphu to Wangdu
Day 04 : Wangdi – Gangtey – Wangdi (70 Kms, 2 ½ Hrs One Way)
Day 05 : Wangdi – Paro (135 Kms / 05 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Travel from Wangdu to Paro
Day 06 : Paro
- After breakfast go for Paro Sightseeing - visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel Dzong which still attracts visitors due to the strategic location of the fort. The fort defended the Paro valley from the Tibetan invasion from the north in the early 17th century. On clear weather Mount Chomolhari 7320 meters can be seen towering over the Dzong. Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as Ta-Dzong. Visit Ta Dzong (National Museum) Opening Hours – whole week - 0900HRS TO 1600HRS & Closed On National Holidays , which was built in 1651 as a watchtower. Since 1951 the Dzong has been re-established as the National museum and holds fascinating collections of art and religious Thankha paintings. A short walk downhill to the Rinpung Dzong which serves as the administrative center and school for monks. Walk further down crossing the traditional bridge into Paro Town. Overnight at Hotel.
- Note: Kindly note that after September 2011 Earth quake, Ta Dzong (Paro Museum) had been closed and shifted to exhibition hall just above the museum. Now the present exhibition hall will be open throughout the week except for government holidays. All tourists visiting Dzongs and temples must be dressed appropriately. No half pant, sleeve less shirts, floaters, etc are allowed.
Things to see and do
National Museum of Bhutan is a cultural museum in the town of Paro in western Bhutan. Established in 1968, in the renovated ancient Ta-dzong building, above Rinpung Dzong ...
Day 07 : Paro – Onward Connection
Hotel Migmar (4 star)
Olakha Lam, Thimphu
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang (3 star)
Chuzomsa,Wangduephodrang, Bhutan, Wangdu
Kichu Resort Paro
Post Box Number : 1280 Lango, Paro Bhutan, Paro
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.