Bodh Gaya is a religious site and place of pilgrimage associated with the Mahabodhi Temple Complex in Gaya district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is famous as it is the place where Gautama Buddha is said to have obtained Enlightenment.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Patna - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
The Royal Residency
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Return Airport Transfer
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC taxis of the kind Indica / Indigo / Tata Sumo / Similar taxi
- The taxis would cover the area as per the defined itinerary. The vehicle will not be at disposal for anything else
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Arrival At Patna
- Pick up at Airport / Railway Station on arrival at Patna. Sightseeing of the city in AC taxi.
- Patna was known as Patliputra in ancient times. It was the capital of powerful kingdom of
- Magadh which in West started from modern day Afghanistan and extended till modern day
- Bangladesh in East. During ancient times, Megasthenes (350-290 BCE), the Greek historian
- and traveler, referred to it in Greek as Palibothra or Palimbotra. The place appears in the
- records of the Chinese traveller, Fa Hien (5th
- ruins of the ancient city of Pataliputra built during the times of Emperor Ashoka. Thereafter
- leave for Bodh Gaya. Night stay in hotel at Bodh Gaya.
Day 02 : Bodh Gaya
- After breakfast, visit important sites related to Lord Buddha.
- According to Buddhist traditions, circa 500 BC Prince Gautama Siddhartha, wandering as an
- ascetic, reached the banks of the river Phalgu, near the city of Gaya. There he sat in meditation
- under a bodhi tree (Ficus religiosa). After three days and three nights of meditation, Siddhartha
- attained enlightenment and thus became Lord Buddha. He then spent seven weeks at seven
- different spots in the vicinity meditating and considering his experience.
- The Mahabodhi temple is located in the east adjacent to the original Bodhi tree. It actually
- stands on the temple erected by Emperor Ashoka and rises in the form of pyramidal spire till it
- reaches its neck, which is cylindrical in shape. Several Buddhist temples and monasteries have
- been built by the people of Bhutan, China, Japan, Myanmar, Nepal, Sikkim, Sri Lanka, Taiwan,
- Thailand, Tibet and Vietnam in a wide area around the Mahabodhi Temple.
- Have dinner and night stay in hotel.
Day 03 : Transfer To Patna For Airport / Railway Station By Taxi
- After breakfast, leave for Rajgir (Rajgriha) by AC taxi. This place is a famous pilgrimage centre
- for Buddhists, Jains and Hindus. Lord Buddha, the founder of Buddhism came here numerous
- times with his Sangha. Ceramics dating to about 1000 BC have been found in the city. There
- are several archeological sites related to Lord Buddha and Lord Mahavira in this place.
- Thereafter leave for Patna for Airport / Railway Station by Taxi.
The Royal Residency (4 star)
Domuhan Road, Bodhgaya, Bihar, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231, Bodhgaya
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.