Kandy is a major city in Sri Lanka, located in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The easy-going capital of the Hill Country has a lot to offer history, culture, forested hills and a touch of urban buzz. The town, and the countryside around it, is lush and green and there are many pleasant walks from the town and further afield. As night falls the city becomes eerily quiet.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Nuwara Eliya||2 night(s)||
Pello Lake Resort
- Service of an English speaking Chauffeur / A national Guide for a group of 09 pax and above
- All sightseeing tours
- All entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arriva In Colombo / Kandy
- On your arrival to Sri Lanka you will be met by our representative at the airport and start your tour with after a short rest. On the way to Kandy visit the Munneswaram Hindu Kovil and Manavari Kovil. Thereafter, proceed to Hiripitiya (Dolukandha). Dinner and overnight stay at in Kandy.
- Munneswaram Temple: Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ayodhya in one of King Ravana's vimanas, but not without revering a Shiva Linga placed in Munneswaram which until the present day is venerated by Hindu pilgrims. Manavari : 1st Lingam installed and prayed to by Lord Rama Hiripitiya (Dolukandha) : One of the parts from the Sunjeewani Vanaya bought Lord Hanuman.
Day 02 : Kandy / Nuwara Eliya Sightseeing
- After breakfast a city tour in Kandy. Proceed to Dunvila, Laggala, Yehangala, Seetha Kotuwa. Dinner and overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya. Dunvila : The place from where Lord Rama fired the Brahmastharam of King Ravana. Dunu means Arrow, Vila mean Lake. Laggala : Target Rock, Lord Rama's battlefield
- Yehangala: King Ravana's body after his death was kept upon this rock, Yahangala meaning Bed Rock Seetha Kotuwa : Sitadevi was kept in this palace until she was moved to Asoka Vatika.
Travel from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Day 03 : Kandy To Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast proceed to Labukalle estate. Visit Mani Kattuther, Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple, Ravana Goda, Gavagala, and return to Nuwara Eliya. Dinner and overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
- Mani Kattuther : It is believed that after meeting Sitadevi, Lord Hanuman rested on this hilltop on his way back to Lord Rama with the happy news. Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple : It is believed that Lord Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi from these hills of Ramboda.
- Ravana Goda : It is believed that Sitadevi stayed here during her transit.
- Gavagala : King Ravana had his dairy farm here. Milk was air-lifted to the capital Lankapura from here using Vimanas.
Things to see and do
Day 04 : Nuwara Eliya / Bandarawala
- After breakfast proceed to Seetha Amman Temple, Divurumpola, Isthirppura. Dinner and overnight stay in Bandarawala
- Seetha Amman Temple (Ashoka Vatika) : Sita Davi Kept the Place. There are still footprints of Hanuman
- Divurumpola : This is the place where Sitadevi underwent the Agni test
- Isthirppura : The Sinhalese word means and area of women. It is believed that this was one of the palaces to which King Ravana shifted Sitadevi as a precautionary measure after Lord Hanuman's advent.
Things to see and do
Ashok Vatika was a garden in Lanka, the Kingdom of demon king, Ravana, as mentioned in the Vishnu Purana and Hindu epic, Ramayana of Valmiki, and all subsequent versions, ...
Travel from Nuwara Eliya to Bandarawela
Day 05 : Bandarawala To Colombo
- After breakfast proceed to Colombo. Visit Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple at Kalubowila, thereafter Colombo shopping tour at midnight transfer to the airport for your departure.
- Kelaniya Buddhist Temple: Vibeeshan Temple, and a place beleived to be honoured by the visit of Lord Buddha
- Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple : A temple dedicated to Anjaneyar temple in Sri Lanka. The only temple in the world to have a chariot for Anjaneyar.
Devon Hotel (3 star)
No :51 Ampitiya Road, 20000 Kandy, Sri Lanka, Kandy
Pello Lake Resort
No 197/16, Upper Lake Road, 22200 Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya
Orient Hotel (3 star)
No -12, Dharmapala Mawatha, Bandarawela
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.