Patna is the capital of the Indian state of Bihar, its most populous city and the second most populous city in Eastern India after Kolkata. It is the administrative, industrial and educational centre of the state.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Lotus Nikko Hotel
Hotel Pawan Palace
The Amayaa Inn
The Royal Residency
Indo Hokke Hotel
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC taxis of the kind Indica / Indigo / Tata Sumo / Similar taxi
- The taxis would cover the area as per the defined itinerary. The vehicle will not be at disposal for anything else
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Patna
Day 02 : Patna - Kushinagar
- After breakfast, we will leave for Vaishali by road. Vaishali was a democratic republic in ancient times. There is an ancient pond, where the newly elected ruler would take a ritual bath. The water of this pond was believed to be sacred and full of divinity.
- There are two stupas in Vaishali. These stupas contain one eighth of the sacred ashes of Lord Buddha in a stone casket.
- Ashoka the Great, one of the strongest kings in ancient India, was a staunch follower of Lord Buddha. To show his gratitude to Lord Buddha he built a Lion Pillar at Vaishali. This 18.3 m high pillar is constructed at the place where Lord Buddha gave sermon for the last time. The pillar is made from well polished single piece red sandstone. On the top is capital in a bell shape accompanied by a life-size figure of a lion.
- In the evening, leave for Kushinagar. Night stay at Kushinagar.
Travel from Patna to Kushinagar
Day 03 : Kushinagar
Day 03 : Kushinagar
Travel from Kushinagar to Lumbini
Day 05 : Sravasti
Travel from Lumbini to Sravasti
Day 06 : Trasfer To Varanasi
- In the morning, after breakfast, we will drive to Sarnath. This place has the deer park where Gautama Buddha first taught the Dharma, and where the Buddhist Sangha came into existence through the enlightenment of Kondanna. This is the place where Lord Buddha taught the four noble truths and the teachings associated with it.
- Ashoka, the great Buddhist King of ancient India, constructed a giant pillar with a Lion Capital on it. Today, this capital is preserved in the Sarnath Museum and is the national emblem of India.
- Later, we will drive to Varanasi, an important temple town of ancient India. Night stay at Varanasi.
Travel from Sravasti to Varanasi
Day 07 : Varanasi - Bodh Gaya
- After breakfast, leave for Bodh Gaya by AC taxi.
- According to Buddhist traditions, circa 500 BC Prince Gautama Siddhartha, wandering as an ascetic, reached the banks of the river Phalgu, near the city of Gaya. There he sat in meditation under a bodhi tree (Ficus religiosa). After three days and three nights of meditation, Siddhartha attained enlightenment and thus became Lord Buddha. He then spent seven weeks at seven different spots in the vicinity meditating and considering his experience.
- The Mahabodhi temple is located in the east adjacent to the original Bodhi tree. It actually stands on the temple erected by Emperor Ashoka and rises in the form of pyramidal spire till it reaches its neck, which is cylindrical in shape. Several Buddhist temples and monasteries have been built by the people of Bhutan, China, Japan, Myanmar, Nepal, Sikkim, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet and Vietnam in a wide area around the Mahabodhi Temple.
- Night stay in Bodh Gaya.
Travel from Varanasi to Bodhgaya
Day 08 : Transfer To Rajgir
- n the morning, we will leave for the holy city of Rajgir (Rajgrahi) which is a famous pilgrimage centre for Buddhists and Jains. Gautam Buddha, the founder of Buddhism came here numerous times with his Sangha. Ceramics dating to about 1000 BC have been found in the city. There are several archeological sites related to Lord Buddha and Lord Mahavira in this place.
- The various hot water springs, which are believed to have curative properties, are sacred to the Buddhists, Hindus, and Jains. Separate bathing places have been set up for men and women at Saptdharna; the seven streams behind the Saptarni Caves. Brahmaputra is the hottest spring with water temperature being 45 degree C.
- Night stay in Rajgir.
Travel from Bodhgaya to Rajgir
Day 9: Departure To Patna Airport / Railway Station For Return Journey.
- After breakfast, we will leave for Nalanda. This place has the ruins of world famous Nalanda University which thrived between 5th and 12th century.
- At its peak, the university attracted scholars and students from as far away as Tibet,China, Greece, and Persia. Nalanda was ransacked and destroyed by an army under Bakhtiyar Khilji in 1193. Nalanda was one of the world's first residential universities. In its heyday, it accommodated over 10,000 students and 2,000 teachers. A vast amount of what came to comprise Tibetan Buddhism, both its Mahayanaand Vajrayana traditions, stems from the late (9th–12th century) Nalanda teachers and traditions. Other forms of Buddhism, such as the Mahāyāna Buddhism followed in Vietnam,China, Korea and Japan, flourished within the walls of the ancient university.
- From Nalanda, travel to Patna Airport / Railway Station for return journey.
Hotel Chanakya (4 star)
Beer Chand Patel Marg - 800001, Patna
Lotus Nikko Hotel (3 star)
Buddha Marg, Kushi Nagar, Distt.- Kushi Nagar, U.P.-274403 (India), Kushinagar
Hotel Nirvana (3 star)
P.O. Box 24 Paklihawa Road, Siddhartha Nagar (Bhairahawa) Lumbini, Nepal, Lumbini
Hotel Pawan Palace (3 star)
Near Wat thai Mandir, State Highway-26, Uttar Pradesh - 271201 India, Sravasti
The Amayaa Inn (3 star)
The Mall Road, Cantonment - 221002, Varanasi
The Royal Residency (4 star)
Domuhan Road, Bodhgaya, Bihar, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231, Bodhgaya
Indo Hokke Hotel (3 star)
Near Viraytan, Rajgir. Dist. Nalanda, Rajgir
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.