|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Sasan Gir||2 night(s)||
Gir Birding Lodge
- Welcome on arrival
The Gir Birding Lodge is located in a large mango orchard at the entrance to the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary. The lodge has two standard rooms in the main building, four standard cottages and six deluxe cottages, all with attached toilets, featuring western toilet fittings, hot and cold showers. Comfortably furnished, the rooms and cottages are surrounded by groves of the famous Kesar Mango of the Gir hills and other vegetation ensuring that a good number of birds come into the property itself. Appointed in Gujarati-style with low settees, mattresses and bolsters, and decorated with wildlife photographs and regional handicrafts, the dining and drawing areas on the first floor of the lodge are airy and have large windows and verandas that are ideal to enjoy the view of the forests and watch birds in the orchard and nearby sanctuary. North Indian and western set-menu meals are served in these rooms that have a superb view of the deciduous forests from large windows, doors and verandahs. We also entertain special requests for meals like traditional Gujarati/Kathiawadi regional dishes, North-West Indian street-food specialties, Kumaoni-style Chinese and of course the famous seafood from Veraval (a major fishing pier for lobster, crab, prawn and seafish like pomfret and kingfish) one hour away. Geared-up for birders and other nature lovers, the lodge has knowledgeable resident naturalists to take guests for birding walks and excursions, a natural history library and arrangements for game-watching drives in the sanctuary.
Facilities at hotel
- Swimming Pool
- Concierge Services
- Children's Club
- Room Service
- Baby Sitting
- Airport Transfer
- Coffee Shop
- Air Conditioning
- Conference Facility
- Pets Allowed
- Tennis Courts
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.