The north-eastern region of India is the most varied, but also the least visited by the foreign travelers. Before independence, the entire north-east was known as Assam Province. It has over 800 km of border with Burma and at least that distance again with China and Bhutan. But although the northern border runs through the easternmost extension of the Himalayas and the border to the south east with Burma also runs through mountain ranges, the north eastern hill states are a region of transition.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- Meet and greet on arrival by The Cat Holidays representative
- Exclusive AC vehicle throughout the tour as per itinerary & sightseeing. (Vehicle rules and regulations of the area / location will apply)
- Parking and Toll taxes
- All Permit Fees and Hotel Taxes (as per itinerary).
- Service of a registered Guide cum Driver
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati And Transfer To Shillong
- Meet and greet upon arrival, then transfer to Shillong. En-route visit Umium Lake ‘Barapani’ park. After lunch go for sightseeing.
- The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The gorgeous city offers amazing tourist spots. The sightseeing includes Don Bosco Museum of Indigenous Culture, Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks and boating, Botanical Garden offers plethora of indigenous and exotic plants and rare collection of orchids, Butterfly Museum is a storehouse of finest and rarest species of butterflies and moths, Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with streaches of roses and exquisite flowers. The Mini Zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles and mammals, Golf Course is one of the largest Golf courses in Asia. Spend the evening in the splendid arena. State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya, Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks, Shillong Peak displays a mesmerizing view of the scenic country side. A unique spot of Shillong is Archery Stakes. A gambling sport which is held everyday (except Sundays) at 4.00 PM. Overnight in Shillong.
Things to see and do
Umiam Lake is also known as Barapani or Big Water and is a scenic place tucked away amidst the hills of Meghalaya, around 15 Km from Shillong. The origin of Umiam Lake in 1965...
Don Bosco Museum of Indigenous Cultures at DBCIC Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures is Asia's largest Museum of Indigenous Cultures of its kind. In it the visitor can ...
A beautiful manmade lake named after Sir William Ward, the then, Chief Commissioner of Assam. A beautiful little lake with short garden walks and boating facilities - this is ...
A museum which houses varieties of butterflies, from different parts of the region, this privately owned museum is a treat for those who are visiting Shillong for the first ...
Day 2: Excursion To Cherrapunjee
Things to see and do
seven sisters falls or the Nohsngithiang Falls Known for being one of the tallest waterfalls in Norway, which consists of seven different streams, one of them falling from a...
This park is situated at a distance of about twenty from chirapunjee.It is very near the borders of bangladesh.We can see lands of bangladesh from a point near to this park....
Nohkalikai Falls is the tallest plunge waterfall in India. Its height is 1115 feet (340 metres). The waterfall is located near Cherrapunji, one of the wettest places on Earth...
Day 3: Shillong To Guwahati Departure
Yalana Hotel (3 star)
Main Road, Laitumkhrah,, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.