Mexico City is the federal district, capital of Mexico and seat of the federal powers of Mexico. It is a federal entity within Mexico which is not part of any one of the 31 Mexican states but belongs to the federation as a whole. Tuxtla Gutiérrez is the capital and the largest city of the Mexican southeast state of Chiapas.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Mexico City||2 night(s)||
Melia Mexico Reforma
Hotel Victoria Oaxaca
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||1 night(s)||
Camino Real Tuxtla Gutierrez
|San Cristobal De Las Casas||2 night(s)||
Villa Mercedes Hotel
HOTEL CIUDAD REAL PALENQUE
Hotel Plaza Campeche
Holiday Inn Express Merida
|Puerto Juarez||1 night(s)||
Barcelo Maya Beach
- Return Airport Transfer
- Transportation in VAN (10 seats) or microbus or autobus with air conditioning and sound system.
- Entry to the archaeological sites and museums mentioned in the program.
- Restaurant fees and tips.
- Porter services in airports and hotels.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Mexico City
- Arrival at Mexico City International Airport and transfer to hotel Melia Reforma or similar
Day 2 : Mexico City
- American breakfast in hotel and city tour that includes: Plaza de la Constitución (The Constitution
- Plaza) known as Zocalo, surrounded by beautiful baroque buildings, among which is the Cathedral (the
- country’s largest religious monument built over the great Aztec temple). The Palacio Nacional (National
- Palace), headquarter of the Presidency of Mexico, where visitors can admire murals painted by Diego
- Rivera. One of the main and most recently discovered attractions is the Templo Mayor, the great temple
- of the Aztec capital. Brief stop at the Guadalupe Shrine.
- The tour continues to Teotihuacán, named by the Aztecs as “the place where the Gods are born”. This
- location includes three great constructions: The Pyramid of the Sun, Pyramid of the Moon and the
- Citadel; all of them were built over the so called “Calzada de los Muertos” (Road of the Dead).
- Lunch in restaurant .Return to Mexico City and accommodation
Day 03 : Mexico City / Puebla / Oaxaca
- Departure in autobus to the beautiful and colonial city of Puebla; visit of the Santo Domingo church,
- where it is possible to visit the Rosario Chapel, one of the biggest works of the mexican baroque art.
- Lunch in restaurant. In the afternoon the tour proceeds to Oaxaca by bus. Arrival and accommodation
- in the Victoria hotel or similar.
Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca
Day 4 : Oaxaca
- Day dedicated to the city and Monte Alban.
- In the morning visit of the city known as the “Patriots Cradle” that includes the Zocalo, where the
- Cathedral and the Santo Domingo Church are ubicated; then continue to the old Santa Catalina from
- Siena friary and to the local market, one of the most typical of the region. Lunch in restaurant.
- In the afternoon visit of the famous archeological site of Monte Alban, ceremonial center built on a hill
- and rich in pyramids, tombs and sunken reliefs. Return to hotel and accommodation.
Day 05 : Oaxaca / Tuxtla Gutierrez
- In the morning departure to Mitla, ancient Mixtec center. Visit of the archeological site, place founded
- by Zapotec and also used by Mixtecan for their ceremonies in which visitors can see geometrical
- decorations with abstract drawings; In the tour continue to Tehuantepec (4 hours). Lunch In the
- afternoon the tour proceeds to Tuxtla Gutierrez, capital of the State of Chiapas (5 hours). Arrival, dinner
- and accommodation in hotel Camino Real o similar.
Travel from Oaxaca to Tuxtla Gutierrez
Day 06 : Tuxtla Gutierrez / San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Transfer to the Cahuare wharf to enjoy a launch boat trip through the Canon del Sumidero (Sumidero
- Canyon) ; the altitude and the beauty of the place will make the experience unforgettable. Lunch in
- restaurant. After that the tour continues to San Cristobal de las Casas. Arrival and accommodation at the
- hotel VM Villa Mercedes San Cristobal or similar. Afternoon free. Dinner in hotel.
Travel from Tuxtla Gutierrez to San Cristobal De Las Casas
Day 07 : San Cristóbal De Las Casas
- In the morning visit to one of the most typical local markets where hundreds of Indigenous people sell
- their hand-made products every day; the tour continues to the Baroque Santo Domingo Church founded
- in 1547. Then visitors will meet the Indigenous communities of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán; the
- San Juan Chamula community is particularly linked to this church where ceremonies were celebrated
- that had a great influence of paganism. The Indigenous population of Zinacantan, is different in that it is
- very loyal to the Catholic faith. Return to San Cristóbal and accommodation
Day 08 : San Cristóbal De Las Casas / Palenque
- Departure to Palenque with a stop at the Agua Azul (Blue Water) waterfalls; the trip will last
- approximately 5 hours on a mountain road and on the road the visitors can enjoy the abudant
- vegetation of this Chiapanecan (from the State of Chiapas) zone. Lunch in a rustic restaurant or
- box lunch. Arrival at Palenque and check-in in the hotel Ciudad Real or similar. Dinner in hotel and
Travel from San Cristobal De Las Casas to Palenque
Day 09 : Palenque / Campeche
- Visit of the Palenque archaeological site. The area displays beautiful Mayan work made in stone and
- stucco; this area is frequently recognized as one of Mexico’s most beautiful places due to its ruins
- enclosed in the Chiapanecan jungle. Its most important temple is called Templo de las Inscripciones
- (Temple of the Inscriptions), and here the explorers discovered Pakal’s tomb with his famous jade mask.
- Lunch in restaurant. In the afternoon the tour will continue to Campeche, which is the capital of the Campeche State.
- This tour includes a short visit to the ancient town, surrounded by fort walls and towers built to
- protect this city from the pirates. Campeche keeps a Colonial mood thanks to its gorgeous houses and
- austere churches. After visiting the city, tourists will check-in at the hotel Plaza Campeche or similar.
Travel from Palenque to Campeche
Day 10 : Campeche / Merida
- Departure to Mérida and during the trip visit to the Uxmal archaeological site. Uxmal means “built
- in three stages” and it is a typical example of the classic and post-classic Mayan period; its main
- constructions are: Pirámide del Adivino (The Fortuneteller’s Pyramid), Palacio de los Gobernadores
- (Governor’s Palace) and the Cuadrángulo de las Monjas (Quadrangle of the Nuns). Lunch in restaurant
- in Uxmal. The tour continues heading to Mérida, also known as the “White City”, which has Colonial
- houses as well as houses that date from the beginning of the century in the Arabic, French and Italian
- Those houses have witnessed all the old wealth that was generated thanks to the sisal culture.
- Stop at Mérida’s Zócalo, where visitors can admire the city’s main monuments: the Cathedral, the
- Government’s Palace, the Municipal Palace and the Francisco Montejo’s House. Check-in at the hotel
- Holiday Inn or similar and accommodation.
Travel from Campeche to Merida
Day 11 : Merida / Riviera Maya
- Departure to visit Chichen Itza archaeological site. Chichen Itza was the Mayan capital of Yucatan
- and flourished between the 5th and 10th centuries AD. Visitors can admire the impressive buildings
- of the northern and central archaeological sites, such as: the Kukulcán Temple, the Ball Game, the
- Observatory, the Warrior’s Temple, the Convent of the Nuns and the Sacred Cenote. Lunch at Chichen
- Itzá in restaurant. The trip to Riviera Maya continues in the afternoon. Arrival and accommodation in the
- hotel Barcelo Maya Beach in All Inclusive treatment.
Travel from Merida to Puerto Juarez
Day 12 : Riviera Maya
Melia Mexico Reforma (4 star)
Paseo De La Reforma 1, Mexico City
Hotel Victoria Oaxaca (3 star)
Lomas Del Fortin Number 1, Oaxaca
Camino Real Tuxtla Gutierrez (4 star)
Boulevard Belisario Dominguez 1195, Tuxtla Gutierrez
Villa Mercedes Hotel (5 star)
Diagonal Hermanos Paniagua 32, Fatima, 29264 San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico, San Cristobal De Las Casas
HOTEL CIUDAD REAL PALENQUE (3 star)
Carretera Pakal-Na KM 1.5, La Mielera, 29960 Palenque, CHIS, Mexico, Palenque
Hotel Plaza Campeche (3 star)
Calle 10 s/n Entre 49-B y 49-C, Campeche
Holiday Inn Express Merida
Av 20 A Predo 300 X 5 A, Merida
Barcelo Maya Beach (3 star)
Carretera Federal Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km. 266,3, Riviera Maya, 77750 X-Puhá, Quintana Roo, Mexico, Puerto Juarez
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.