Sri Lanka – a country known for its natural beauty. In Sri Lanka, visit two of its largest and most bewitching cities – Colombo and Kandy. While Colombo is famous for its colonial architecture, heritage sites and pristine beaches, Kandy is revered for its centuries-old gardens and as centre of Buddhist learning. Among the must-visit attractions in these cities are the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic, Royal Botanic Gardens and Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- Services of an English speaking chauffeur guide/driver
- Transportation by Ac vehicle
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Colombo/pinnawela/kandy
Things to see and do
The Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage was started in 1975 by the Department of Wildlife on a twenty five acre coconut property on the Maha Oya river at Rambukkana. The orphanage ...
Day 2: Kandy Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed on the city tour of Kandy. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480 meter above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, the royal Botanical Gardens, and the Peradeniya University campus. Also enjoy a panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive.
- Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content. Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
Things to see and do
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former ...
Peradeniya Botanical Garden, is renowned for its collection of a variety of orchids. It includes more than 4000 species of plants, including of orchids, spices, medicinal ...
Day 3: Kandy To Colombo – Sightseeing
- After breakfast at Hotel and transfer from Kandy to Colombo and enjoy a city and shopping tour of Colombo. Colombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. However it was only made the capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of the Sri Lanka’s corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more.
- Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo.
Things to see and do
This is Colombos biggest park, originally called Victoria Park but renamed in the 1950s after the mother of King Dutugemunu. Its notable for its superb flowering trees, which ...
Located 5 km south of Fort and 2 km inland, Cinnamon Gardens is Colombos ritziest address. A century ago it was covered in cinnamon plantations. Today it contains elegant tree...
Fort is the central business district of Colombo in Sri Lanka. It is the financial district of Colombo and the location of the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) and the World...
Travel from Kandy to Colombo
Day 4: Departure From Colombo
Hotel Hilltop (3 star)
200/21, Bahirawakande, Peradeniya Road - 20000, Kandy
Hotel Sapphire (3 star)
No. 371, Galle Road - 06, Colombo
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.