Amritsar is the nucleus of the Sikh religion and the lavish and legendary Golden Temple is Amritsar's main claim to fame. This dazzling Gurudwara sits in the midst of the holy Harmandir Sahib pool and Amritsar is named after this pool. Dalhousie rose in the second string of hill stations that the British built in the region. Its location, at the western edge of the Dhauladhar mountains - which are a sub-system of the Himalaya - gave it a commanding position overlooking the plains of the Punjab
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue
Hotel Grand View
|Breakfast and Dinner|
- Transport services as per itinerary by air-conditioned car (1-2 pax - Indigo or similar, 3-4 pax - Toyota Innova)
- Assistance, toll, interstate taxes, Govt. Service Tax.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Amritsar
- Arrive in Amritsar, you will be met and assisted by our representative and will be
- transferred to your hotel. Start your full day city tour with the blessings of Golden Temple-the most
- important Sikh shrine which is also called Mecca for the Sikhs, it is a living symbol of the spiritual and
- historical traditions of the Sikhs. Then visit Jallianwala Bagh- where, on April 13, 1919, British and
- Gurkha soldiers opened fire on an unarmed forbidden gathering, killing hundreds of civilians. After
- lunch visit Maharaja Ranjit Singh Summer Palace Museum- The summer place of Maharaja Ranjit
- Singh which is situated in the heart of Ram Bagh, Amritsar. Evening visit Indo-Pak Wagah Border to
- watch Flag Retreat Ceremony - Wagah, an army outpost on Indo-Pak border 30 Kms from Amritsar
- where the daily highlight is the evening "Beating the Retreat" ceremony. Soldiers from both countries
- march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags. As the
- sun goes down, nationalistic fervor rises and lights are switched on marking the end of the day amidst
- thunderous applause. Return to hotel. Overnight stay in Amritsar
Things to see and do
Sri Harmandir Sahib, also known as Sri Darbar Sahib or Golden Temple, (on account of its scenic beauty and golden coating for English speaking world), is named after Hari(God...
The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, was named after the Jallianwala Bagh (Garden) in Amritsar, where, on April 13, 1919, British Indian Army ...
An attractive garden, Ram Bagh is famed as the summer palace of the erstwhile Raja of Punjab, Ranjith Singh. This picturesque garden was formerly known as the Company garden ...
Day 02 : Amritsar To Dalhousie
- After breakfast drive to Dalhousie On arrival check in at the hotel. The rest of the day
- is at leisure. We suggest you enjoy a walk along the mall road, Overnight stay in Dalhousie.
Travel from Amritsar to Dalhousie
Day 03 : Dalhousie To Khajjiar To Chamba
- After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Khajjiar, where you can
- enjoy Horse riding (Optional) and enjoy the sceneries. Later visit Chamba, the land of temples, evening
- return to Dalhousie. Overnight at Dalhousie.
Things to see and do
Khajjiar is often reffered to as "Gulmarg of Himachal Pradesh". The lush green meadows are surrounded by thick pine and cedar forests. Grazing herds of sheep, goats and ...
Day 04 : Sightseeing Tour Of Dalhousie
- After breakfast at the hotel, visit local market of Dalhousie, Afternoon day at leisure.
- Overnight at Dalhousie hotel.
Day 05 : Departure From Amritsar
Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue (4 star)
Near MK Hotel, District Shopping Complex, B - Block, Ranjit Avenue - 143001, Amritsar
Hotel Grand View (3 star)
Near Bus Stand - 176304, Dalhousie
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.