Jammu and Kashmir is the northernmost state in India. In the seventeenth century the Mughal emperor Jahangir set his eyes on the valley of Kashmir. He said that if paradise is anywhere on the earth, it is here, while living in a houseboat on Dal Lake. In Jammu and Kashmir the most important tourist places are Kashmir, Srinagar, the Mughal Gardens, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Jammu, and Ladakh. Some areas require a special permit for non-Indians to visit.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Silver Star
|Srinagar Houseboat||3 night(s)||
- Assistance at airport
- Transport for point to point transfers and sightseeing
- Welcome drink on arrival
- One Non AC Tavera or Qualis
- All applicable taxes, road and toll taxes and Parking charges.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1 : Arrival
- Arrival in Srinagar and transfer to hotel in Pahalgam- valley of shepherds. Enroute visit
- world famous Saffron fields of Pampore, Pandav temple or vishnu temple ruins at
- Avantipora. Rest and get acclimatised in Pahalgam. Night stay at hotel in Pahalgam.
Day 2 : Sightseeing Pahalgam
- After breakfast vist to Baisaran valley or mini switzerland, Kashmir valley or Darbin,
- Shikargah preferable on horses at extra payment. Enjoy walk along river lidder and visit
- Mamal temple-ancient temple in Kashmir. Night stay at Pahalgam.
Things to see and do
Mamleshwar is considered to be an ancient temple that probably dates back to 400 AD. It is located at just a mile away from Pahalgam town. This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva...
Day 3 : Sightseeing Pahalgam
- After breakfast transfer to Betaab valley-named after bollywood movie Betaab enjoying
- the scenery. Transfer to Chandanwari- the starting point of the Amarnath yatra. After
- Lunch transfer to Aru valley which has some breathtaking spots. This day sightseeing
- requires a car to be hired at extra payment from Pahalgam Taxi Union. No other
- vehicle is allowed pahalgam onwards. Night stay at hotel in Pahalgam.
Things to see and do
Betaab valley is situated at a distance of 15 kilometers from Pahalgam in Anantnag district in India's northernmost state of Jammu and Kashmir. The valley got its name from...
Chandanwari, situated at a distance of 16 km from Pahalgam, lies at an elevation of 2,923 m. Famous for its snow bridge, this location serves as the starting point of the ...
Day 4 : Gulmarg
- After breakfast transfer to Gulmarg-the meadow of flowers. Gulmarg is very famous
- for its Ski slopes and Golf course- which is highest in the world. If weather permits
- have a view of Nanga Parbat. Also visit Rani Mandir and Saint Church. Enjoy Gulmarg
- Gondola Cable car ride at direct payment having view of Kongdoor and Apharwat
- peaks. In the evening transfer back to Srinagar. Night stay in hotel.
Things to see and do
Nanga Parbat is the ninth highest mountain in the world. It is the western anchor of the Himalayas around which the Indus river skirts before it debouches into ...
Located smack dab in the middle of the city, the temple is visible from almost every corner of this town. This Shiva temple is one of the last few remnants of the Dogra ...
Gulmarg Gondola is one of the most prominent attractions of the world. It is the only cable car system in Asia which travels up a height of 13,500 feet above sea level.
Gulmarg Gondola in Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir is the world's second highest operating cable car since the closure in 2008 of the Merida cable car in Venezuela.
Travel from Pahalgam to Srinagar
Day 5 : Sightseeing In Gulmarg.
- After breakfast enjoy Gulmarg Gondola Cable Car ride- the highest cable car ride in the
- world (at direct payment). Enjoy the breathtaking view of Kongdoor and Apharwat
- peaks. Evening transfer to Srinagar. Transfer to Houseboat in Dal Lake.Enjoy romantic
- shikara ride in Dal lake. Night stay in houseboat in Dal Lake.
Travel from Srinagar to Srinagar Houseboat
Day 6 : Sightseeing In Srinagar.
- After breakfast visit Shankeracharya hill temple and have birds eye view of Srinagar city
- and Dal Lake. This requires hiking and around 200 stair steps. Visit world famous
- Mughal garden of cheshmashahi (Royal Springs) on the banks of Dal Lake. Also one
- can visit Pari Mahal (Palace of Nymphs), Nehru Botanical Garden and Tulip Garden-
- Largest in Asia. After Lunch visit famous terrace like Nishat garden built by Asif khan.
- Later in the evening visit Shalimar garden built by Jehangir for his wife Noor Jehan.
- Night stay in houseboat in Dal Lake.
Things to see and do
Dal Lake which has the length of 8 Km long and a width of 4 Km, spreads over a total of 26 Sq. Km. The fascinating Dal Lake is divided into two smaller ones the Lokut (small) ...
Mughal Gardens is one of the splendid places in this city. Moving around in the garden, you will experience the magic of the Mughal style of architecture & design which is ...
Pari Mahal or the house of fairies is popularly known as Quntilon and is situated above the Chashm-e-Shahi Gardens in Srinagar. The structure was constructed by Dara Shikoh, ...
Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden is situated at the foothills of Zabarwan Mountains.his garden is around 8 km from Srinagar and is known for annual Tulip Festival that continues for...
Day 7 : Sonamarg
- After breakfast transfer to Sonamarg-the meadow of gold. Enjoy horse riding upto
- Thajiwas glacier and do snow sledging (at extra cost). After lunch visit nearby baltal
- which serves as base camp for Amarnath Yatra. In the evening transfer back to
- Srinagar. Night stay at houseboat in Dal Lake.
Day 8 : Transfer & Departure
Hotel Baisaran (3 star)
Chandanwari Road, Opp.Poshwan Park, Near Pahalgam Club - 192126, Pahalgam
Hotel Silver Star (4 star)
Lasjan, ByePass road -191101, Srinagar
Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir - 190 001, Srinagar Houseboat
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.