Sri Lanka – a country known for its natural beauty. In Sri Lanka, visit two of its largest and most bewitching cities – Colombo and Kandy. While Colombo is famous for its colonial architecture, heritage sites and pristine beaches, Kandy is revered for its centuries-old gardens and as centre of Buddhist learning. Among the must-visit attractions in these cities are the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic, Royal Botanic Gardens and Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Mahaweli Reach Hotel
|Nuwara Eliya||1 night(s)||
Cinnamon grand colombo
- Services of an English speaking chauffeur guide/driver
- Transportation by Ac vehicle
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Colombo/pinnawela/kandy
- Meet & Assist on arrival by Akquasun Lanka Representative and transfer from Airport to Kandy via Pinnawela visit
- Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage : The Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular tourist attractions. The orphanages population has now mushroomed to around 65, making it the world’s largest collection of captive elephants. Proceed to Kandy.
- Kandy City tour - Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Visit the Temple of the tooth. The royal Botanical Gardens, the Peradeniya University campus and catch a panoramic view of the picturesque town from Upper lake Drive.
- Visit to - Temple of the Tooth Kandy : According to legend, the tooth was taken from the Buddha as he lay on his funeral pyre. The tooth was brought out for special occasions and paraded on the backs of elephants, which are sacred to the Buddha. Where it survived numerous attempts to capture and destroy it. When the capital was moved to Kandy, the tooth was taken to the new city and placed in temples built to honor it.
- Royal Botanical Garden : Peradeniya is about 5.5 km to the west from the city of Kandy in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It attracts 2 million visitors annually. It is near the Mahaweli River (the longest in Sri Lanka). It is renowned for its collection oforchids. The garden includes more than 4000 species of plants, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. Attached to it is the National Herbarium of Sri Lanka.
- Kandy Lake : also known as Kiri Muhuda or the Sea of Milk, is an artificial lake in the heart of the hill city of Kandy, Sri Lanka, built in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe next to the Temple of the Tooth. Over the years, it was reduced in size. It is a protected lake, with fishing banned. There are many legends and folklore regarding the lake. One such is that the small island at its center was used by the king's helm for bathing and was connected to the palace by secret tunnel. On completion return to the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel, Kandy.
Day 2: Kandy Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed on the city tour of Kandy. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, the royal Botanical Gardens, and the Peradeniya University campus. Also enjoy a panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive.
- Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content. Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
Things to see and do
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former ...
Peradeniya Botanical Garden, is renowned for its collection of a variety of orchids. It includes more than 4000 species of plants, including of orchids, spices, medicinal ...
Day 3: Kandy / Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast at hotel. Transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya via Ramboda. En route visit to Bhaktha Hanuman Temple and visit to Tea Factory and Tea Plantation & Ramboda falls. Proceed to Nuwara Eliya.
- Nuwara Eliya : Nuwara Eliya meaning "the city of dawn" is the town at the highest elevation (about 2000m above sea level) in Sri Lanka and its tallest peak, Piduruthalagala (2555m) could be seen from here. Nuwara Eliya is also the heart of the tea country and you can visit a plantation and a factory en route here and witness how the famous "Ceylon Tea" is brewed.
- Hakgala Botnical Garden : The Gardens (27ha) were established in 1860 as an experimental Cinchona plantation from which the anti-malarial drug quinine is derived. Subsequently the gardens were used for experiments in acclimatizing temperate-zone plants to life in tropics. The charm of the Gardens, cold & shady atmosphere & enchanting sceneries soothes your mind relieving you of your anxieties. The best views are from the steps & path on to the right immediately after the entrance gate that lead through the azalea garden up to a little pavilion.
- The Victoria Park : is a public park located in Nuwara Eliya, next to the Nuwara Eliya Post Office in Sri Lanka. Originally the park was the research field of Hakgala Botanical Garden. The park was established with the planting of its first tree, an Oak, by a visiting German Princess. A large number of rare bird species can be found in the park.
- Gregory Lake : was build under the period of British Governor Sir William Gregory in 1873. This is the most prominent attraction in Nuwara Eliya and all the vistors used to come here and spent some time by the lake and relax. This was used as a place for water sports and for re-recreational activities during the British time. Graory lake gets crowded during the April tourist season. With the recent face upliftment in Nuwara eliya area, many recreation facilities introduced around the Gregory lake area. On completion return to the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel, Nuwara Eliya.
Travel from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Day 4: Nuwara Eliya To Colombo
- After an early breakfast proceed to Colombo view the St Clair’s and Devon falls also visit the location where the Oscar winning movie “Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed en-route.
- Evening city and shopping tour of Colombo. Colombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. However it was only made the capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of the Sri Lanka’s corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more.
- Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo
Things to see and do
97M high Devon water fall can be viewed from the Thalawakele-Hatton road, near Midigama. There is a view point on the way to Hatton where you get a beautiful view of the ...
This is Colombos biggest park, originally called Victoria Park but renamed in the 1950s after the mother of King Dutugemunu. Its notable for its superb flowering trees, which ...
Pettah is famous for its open air bazaars and markets. It's Sri Lanka 's most busiest commercial area, where most of the shops, textiles, buildings and many other business ...
Located 5 km south of Fort and 2 km inland, Cinnamon Gardens is Colombos ritziest address. A century ago it was covered in cinnamon plantations. Today it contains elegant tree...
Travel from Nuwara Eliya to Colombo
Day 5: Departure From Colombo
Mahaweli Reach Hotel (5 star)
35, P.B.A. Weerakoon Mawatha, P.O. Box 78, Kandy, SRI LANKA., Kandy
Grand hotel (4 star)
Grand Hotel Road, Nuwara Eliya City Center, Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya
Cinnamon grand colombo (5 star)
77 Galle Road Colombo, Sri Lanka, Colombo
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.