Paro is a historic town with many sacred sites and historical buildings scattered through the area. In addition, the Paro Valley is wide and verdant and is recognized a one of the most beautiful in all Bhutan. Thimphu is very cold but dry, while the summers are wet and humid.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- Pickup and Drop in Air port.
- Sightseeing & transportation
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive In Paro International Airport
- On arrival you will be greeted by our representatives and transfer to your hotel. You will also get to see the Mount Jomolhari (mountain of goddesses) on a clear day.
- In the evening, explore Paro town and overnight stay in Paro.
Day 2: Transfer To Thimphu (approximately 1 Drive)
- In the morning after breakfast we will take you to Thimphu (capital city of Bhutan). It takes approximately one and half hours drive following the two rivers; pa chhu and wang chhu.Thimphu city is a home to our royal families, head offices for ministries, agencies, pvt. firms. It is also the most populated place in the kingdom.
- Thimphu Dzong (Fortress)
- On reaching to Thimphu you will be taken to your hotel and explore Thimphu city. After lunch visit to Tashichhoe Dzong: summer residence of the chief abbot and the central monk body and also the main secretariat building which houses the throne room of His Majesty the King.
- In the evening we will drive you to kuenselphodrang to view the worlds largest and the tallest statue of Lord Buddha. The 169-feet bronze statue symbolizes indestructibility. Back to the city we will lead you to explore some cottage industries and shopping mall.
Travel from Paro to Thimphu
Day 3: Thimphu Sightseeing
- After breakfast you will be visit the following places and lunch will be served. Visit to National Memorial chorten which was originally envisaged by Bhutan’s third king His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuck as a monument to world peace and prosperity. 1. Institute of Zorig chusum (painting school) which provides six years course on the 13 traditional arts and craft.
- Changangkha Temple
- 2. Changangkha lhakhang built in 12th century is one of the oldest temples.
- 3. Youth center Takin Reserve (home for the national animal) and drive up to Sangaygang hill (Radio tower) view the clear scenery of Thimphu city and breathe refreshing air.
- 4. Folk Heritage provides fascinating insight into Bhutanese material culture and way of life.
- Free time in the early evening, a stroll around town before dinner. It provides excellent opportunity to mingle with local people.
Things to see and do
Changangkha Lhakhang. Constructed in the 15th century, this is one of the oldest temples in the Thimphu Valley, and is dedicated to Avalokiteshvara, the Buddhist emanation of ...
Day 4: Departure Paro Airport
Paro, Bhutan, Paro
Olakha Thimphu Bhutan, Thimphu
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.