The Gurdwara at Patna Sahib was in remembrance of the birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of the Sikhs on 22 December 1666, and like many historical Gurdwara's in India and Pakistan, this Gurdwara too, was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh (1780-1839), the first Maharaja of the Sikh Empire, on the banks of Ganges river, in Patna, Bihar.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Patna - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC taxis of the kind Indica / Indigo / Tata Sumo / Similar taxi
- The taxis would cover the area as per the defined itinerary. The vehicle will not be at disposal for anything else
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Arrival At Patna
- Pick up at Airport / Railway Station on arrival at Patna.
- After check in and breakfast in hotel, we will proceed to Harimandir Ji Patna Sahib – Birth place of Guru Gobind Singhji.
- Shri Guru Tegbahadur Sahib ji reached here while on his tour to Assam and Bengal. Mata Gujari Ji and Mama Kirpal Das Ji accompanied Guru Sahib. Leaving his family in Patna Sahib, Guru Sahib left for onward journey to Assam and Bengal. Guru Gobind Singh ji was born to Mata Gujari Ji. Guru Sahib spent his childhood here. A groundwater well used by Mata Gujari Ji is still preserved inside Darbar Sahib.
- Thereafter, we will visit Gurdwara Gobind Ghat. At this place, in his childhood, Guru Gobind Singh Ji used to play with his friends on the bank of the Ganges. It is also known as Gurdwara Kangan Ghat.
- We will then visit Gurdwara Guru ka Bagh. This Gurdwara originally belonged to the local Nawabs, Karim Baksh and Rahim Baksh. Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji, on his way from Assam, visited this place, which was a barren garden (bagh). After Guru Sahib’s visit, the plants in the garden turned green. The Nawabs were very surprised and impressed with this sudden change. They donated this garden to Guru Sahib Ji.
- We will then visit Fatuha Gurdwara. It is believed that Guru Nanak Sahib Ji met Saint Kabir at this place.
- We will check-in hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02 : After Completing This Visit, Leave For Airport / Railway Station For Return Journey.
- After breakfast, we will proceed to Gurudwara Gaighat. This is also known as Gurudwara Pahila Bara. Guru Nanak Dev Ji, during his visit to Patna, stayed here in year 1509. Later, Guru Teg Bahadur Ji stayed at this place along with his family in year 1666.
- This place was Bhagat Jaitamal's house. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji stayed here for about four months. Grind Stone (Chakki) of Mata Gujari Ji and also a tree, where Guru Teg Bahadur Ji tied his horse, are still preserved at this place.
- We will then proceed to Guru Handi Sahib (Danapur). In year 1728, Bala Preetam Ji with Mata Gujari and his family moved from Patna Sahib to Anandpur Sahib. The residents of Patna accompanied Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji to see off him. At that time Guru Ji was about 5 years old. People walked about 12 miles and reached Danapur. An old lady whose name was Mata Jasni cooked khichdi for Guru Ji with love & affection and put the pot (Handi) of khichdi before Satguru Ji and requested him to eat. She kept cooking the khichdi in that Handi and kept serving to sangat. So this place is known as Handi Sahib.
- After completing this visit, we leave for Airport / Railway Station for return journey.
Executive double room
Executive single room
Deluxe single room
Chanakya tower single room
Deluxe double room
Chanakya tower double room
Hotel Chanakya (4 star)
Beer Chand Patel Marg - 800001, Patna
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.