The older part of this former French colony (formerly called Pondicherry and almost always referred to as ‘Pondy’), has a lot of quiet, clean, shady, cobbled streets, lined with mustard-yellow colonial townhouses numbered in an almost logical manner. You’ll probably spend most of your time in this part of town, and if you've come from Chennai or some of the inland cities, old Pondy may well seem a sea of tranquillity. The newer part of town is much more typically South Indian.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chennai - AC Indica
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Mamallaa Heritage
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Airport or railway station transfers
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Toll and parking charges
- Kms is calculating from garage to garage only
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrive Chennai And Transfer To Pondicherry
Pick up from Chennai airport or railway station and drive to Pondicherry and check into hotel. Go for sightseeing of Pondicherry. Legend says that Pondicherry is the place where St. Agastya settled down. Visit Aurobindo Ashram, the city of dawn, which is 10 kms north of Pondicherry. This ashram promotes Aurobindo's ideas in bringing about a synthesis of Yoga and modern science, so as to unite the spirit and matter. Stay overnight in Pondicherry.
Day 2: Pondicherry Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Auroville - a unique experiment international of living and in creating a new environment where men and women of all nationalities live together in harmony. Visit Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Vedapureeswarar Temple and Manakula Vinayagar Temple, War Memorial and Town Hall. Stay overnight in Pondicherry.
Day 3: Pondicherry To Mahabalipuram
After breakfast, proceed to Mahabalipuram and check in to your hotel. The city of Mahabalipuram is famous for the seven pagodas. Here on the seashore is an interesting group of ancient rock hewn temples which are the examples of Dravidian style of Architecture. Visit 6-8th century Pallave Rock Cut Caves, Pancha Ratha Temple, 7th century shore temple where both Vishnu and Shiva are enshrined under one roof and soap stone workers in the market who designs and made sculptures by chisel and hammer. This is very special to see and enjoy at sea beach. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Travel from Pondicherry to Mahabalipuram
Day 4: Mahabalipuram To Chennai Departure
After breakfast check out from hotel and proceed to Chennai. Drop at airport to catch flight for onward destination.
Hotel Mass (3 star)
152,154 Maraimalai Adigal Salai, Pudupalaiyam, Pondicherry
Hotel Mamallaa Heritage (3 star)
NO: 104, East Raja Street, Mamallapuram 603 104, Mahabalipuram
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.
Packages with same itinerary, different hotels