The LaLit Great Eastern Hotel Ko...1N Kolkata
Last Booked 20 hours ago
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
The LaLit Great Eastern Hotel Kolkata
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Asia’s first luxury hotel, The Lalit Great Eastern is a heritage landmark located in the main business and shopping district of Kolkata. Restored and renovated over a period of seven years, this 5-star luxury hotel holds the distinction of being the longest continuously operating hotel for 165 years. Built in 1841 as Auckland Hotel, it has been referred to as the ‘Jewel of the East’ and the ‘Best Hotel East of the Suez’. Over the years, the hotel has been the favourite haunt of royalty and celebrities from across the world. The Lalit Great Eastern, now restored to its original glory, is an amalgamation of the styles of 3 different eras of history – Victorian, Edwardian and Contemporary, reflected in Heritage Block 1, Heritage Block 2 and the New Block respectively. The original Heritage Block radiates the charm of the British Colonial Era, while the New Block incorporates a contemporary look and feel. These blocks have been seamlessly connected despite their distinct character and decor. The Lalit Great Eastern offers 195 aesthetically designed rooms and suites; 5 restaurants & bar - The Legacy Lounge, Tea Lounge, Alfresco - all day diner, The Bakery, Wilson’s - the pub; one of the largest conference and banquet facility; Rejuve – The spa with aqua bed, gym, salon, bridal’s room and outdoor pool. In its second phase of opening in last quarter of 2014, the hotel will offer 49 rooms and suites in Heritage block 1, Baluchi – the Signature Pan Indian Restaurant, 24/7 – Multi Cuisine All Day Diner, Maxim’s Bar & Restaurant and Kitty Su – The Night Club.
- 15 km from the airport
- 3 km from city center
- Hotel has Free Wifi Zones
Facilities at hotel
- Swimming Pool
- Airport Transfer
- Room Service
- Baby Sitting
- Children's Club
- Pets Allowed
- Coffee Shop
- Tennis Courts
- Conference Facility
- Concierge Services
- Air Conditioning
Superior King City View
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.