Shillong is the only hill station in the country that is accessible from all sides. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. The British legacy is still visible in the architecture and food habits of the population. The Assam style houses with slanting roofs, large number of windows and wooden floors look like a piece of art
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok
Hotel Centre Point
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All applicable transfers as per the itinerary
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Guwahati
- Arrive Guwahati airport and transfer to hotel. Enroute to hotel visit Kamakhya temple it is situated at the top of the Nilachal Hill at about 800 feet above the sea level. The entire temple complex not only comprises of many other temples but also a whole set of people connected with them. Apart from the main Devi temple, it also comprises of some other major temples of Devi Kali, Tara, Bagala, Chinnamasta, Bhuvanesvari, Bhairavi and Dhumavati.
- Also visit Sankardev Kalakhetra located in a beautifully landscaped setting and inaugurated in 1998, is a multi-Arts complex showcasing the rich culture of the state. Named after the most honored Vaishnava saint and the greatest integrator of Assamese society Srimanta Sankardeva, the Kalakshetra houses a Central museum where objects and day to day articles used by different ethnic groups are exhibited. It preserves the cultural identity of various communities and tribes of Assam by promoting dance, drama, music and art. There is also an Artists’ Village that creates the atmosphere of a typical Assamese community, the Lalit-Kala Bhavan art gallery where exhibitions, art and sculpture workshops are also held, a Heritage park, an open air theatre with the capacity to hold 2,000 people, a traditional Vaishnavite temple and the Sahitya bhavan library of rare books and manuscripts. Overnight stay at Guwahati. Note: Sightseeing possible if arrival in morning time.
Things to see and do
Kamakhya Temple, The Kamakhya Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother goddess Kamakhya, one of the oldest of the 51 Shakti Pithas, situated on the Nilachal Hill in ...
Day 2: Guwahati To Shillong
Things to see and do
Travel from Guwahati to Shillong
Day 3: Shillong To Cherrapunjee And Later Drive To Shillong
Things to see and do
Elephant Falls. It is in Upper Shillong area which also houses the Eastern Air Command of Indian Airforce. The scenic fall is not continuous and more of collection of smaller ...
Shillong Peak is the highest point in state of Meghalaya (1965 meters above sea level). There is a view-point where you can get breathtaking view of Shillong city. The city ...
At the village crossing, one passes grasslands surrounded by forests, ending in a clearing. From this clearing, a concrete pathway through the jungle leads up to the main ...
seven sisters falls or the Nohsngithiang Falls Known for being one of the tallest waterfalls in Norway, which consists of seven different streams, one of them falling from a...
Day 4: Shillong To Mwallynong And Later Drive To Shillong
- After breakfast excursion to Mwallynong. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
- Note: It is advisable to carry have packed lunch to Mwallynong.
Day 5: Departure To Airport
Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok (3 star)
M.G. Road, Opp. High Court, Guwahati, Assam 781001, Guwahati
Hotel Centre Point (3 star)
Police Bazar (Khyndailad) - 793001, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.