Ooty, is also known as "Udhagamandalam". It’s been rightly titled as the as Queen of Hills. Ooty, the headquarters of The Nilgiris district is one of the famous hill stations in India. It is situated at an altitude of 2,240 meters above mean sea level. The word Nilgiris means Blue Mountains. It is a land of picturesque picnic spots and had been a popular summer and weekend getaway for the British during the colonial days.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- All transfers as per itinerary
- All taxes and bata
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Bangalore To Ooty
Things to see and do
Evening Timing from Mon-Sun 1500-1730hours. Bandipur National Park is regarded as one of the most beautiful and the better-managed national parks of India. Bandipur is ...
Avalanche Lake is an important tourism destination in the Nilgiris district.The lake is surrounded by a rolling landscape with blooming flowers like magnolias, orchids and ...
Day 2: Ooty Sightseeing
- Morning post breakfast we will go on half day sightseeing tour around Ooty visiting its Botanical Garden - The Government Botanical Garden, Udhagamandalm was established in 1848. The Gardens have around a thousand species, both exotic and indigenous of plants, shrubs, ferns, trees, herbal and bonsai plants. In the center of the Gardens lie a fossilized tree trunk estimated to be 20 million years old. Also visit Ooty Lake – it is an artificial lake constructed by John Sullivan in 1824. The water flowing down mountain streams in the Ooty valley was dammed to form the lake. The lake is surrounded by groves of Eucalyptus trees with a railway line running along one shore. During the summer season in May, boat races and boat pageantry are organised for two days. Doddabetta peak - It is the second highest mountain in the Nilgiri Hills at 2637 meters (8650 feet) after Anamudi. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. It is a popular tourist attraction with road access to the summit.
- Hindustan photo films factory - The HPF is not a usual fascinating tourist spot in Ooty but in fact is an industrial unit situated at a distance of about 5 km from the popular Ooty Railway Station. The Hindustan Photo Films covers an area of 300 acres and is known for manufacturing a number of film products. Later return to the hotel for Lunch. Rest of the day at leisure and participate in the activities offered by the accommodation later overnight stay at hotel.
Things to see and do
Government of Tamil Nadu, department of Horticulture maintains this botanical garden. This is a must visit place if you are at Ooty. Located within the city limit this garden ...
Day 3: Ooty To Mysore Later Proceed To Bangalore
County Room - Breakfast Inclusive.
Standard Room, 1 Double Bed
United-21 Paradise (3 star)
Woodbrook, Ooty, The Nilgiris - 643 224, Ooty
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.