Shillong is known as "Scotland of the East". It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Cherrapunji is a subdivisional town in the East Khasi Hills district in the Indian state of Meghalaya. It is credited as being the second wettest place on Earth. Guwahati is an ancient urban area, largest city of Assam and northeastern India. Mawlynnong is a village in the East Khasi Hills district of the Meghalaya state, India.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Priya Palace
The Habitat Shillong
- Return airport transfer
- No commission on Extra Bed (Adult / Child), Child No Bed, MAP & AP Supplementary, Single Supplement & up-gradation cost for vehicle
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary, (vehicle will not be on disposal)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival At Guwahati
- Arrive Guwahati airport and transfer to hotel. Enroute to hotel visit Kamakhya temple – it is situated at the top of the Nilachal Hill at about 800 feet above the sea level. The entire temple complex not only comprises of many other temples but also a whole set of people connected with them. Apart from the main devi temple, it also comprises of some other major temples of devi Kali, Tara, Bagala, Chinnamasta, Bhuvanesvari, Bhairavi and Dhumavati. (Timing 08:00 A.M till 01:00 P.M & 3:00 P.M till its gets dark)
- Also visit Sankardev Kalakhetra - located in a beautifully landscaped setting and inaugurated in 1998, is a multi-Arts complex showcasing the rich culture of the state. Named after the most honoured Vaishnava saint and the greatest integrator of Assamese society Srimanta Sankardeva, the Kalakshetra houses a Central Museum where objects and day-to-day articles used by different ethnic groups are exhibited. It preserves the cultural identity of various communities and tribes of Assam by promoting dance, drama, music and art. There is also an Artists’ Village that creates the atmosphere of a typical Assamese community, the Lalit-Kala Bhavan art gallery where exhibitions, art and sculpture workshops are also held, a Heritage Park, an open-air theatre with the capacity to hold 2,000 people, a traditional Vaishnavite temple and the Sahitya Bhavan library of rare books and manuscripts. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Things to see and do
Kamakhya Temple, The Kamakhya Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother goddess Kamakhya, one of the oldest of the 51 Shakti Pithas, situated on the Nilachal Hill in ...
Srimanta Shankardev Kalakshetra is a premier institution exhibiting the culture and heritage of Assam. Spread over a vast amplitude, the complex houses different buildings ...
Day 02: Guwahati – Shillong
Things to see and do
Travel from Guwahati to Shillong
Day 03: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong
Things to see and do
Elephant Falls at Meghalaya solely holds the attraction of Upper Shillong. Specially in the rainy seasons, Elephant Falls comes to its full vigor and justifies its name. Let ...
Shillong Peak, If you want a panoramic view of the beauty of Shillong, just take the trekking trail to Shillong Peak and you will get to witness a spectacular sight, unique ...
At the village crossing, one passes grasslands surrounded by forests, ending in a clearing. From this clearing, a concrete pathway through the jungle leads up to the main ...
seven sisters falls or the Nohsngithiang Falls Known for being one of the tallest waterfalls in Norway, which consists of seven different streams, one of them falling from a...
Day 04: Shillong – Mwallynong - Shillong
Day 05: Departure From Shillong
Hotel Priya Palace (3 star)
2, Janapath Lane, G.S. Road, Ulubari, Guwahati-781007, Assam, Guwahati
The Habitat Shillong (3 star)
The Asian Confluence, Lady Veronica Lane, Laitumkhra - 793003, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.