The Sundarban National Park is a National Park, Tiger Reserve, and a Biosphere Reserve in West Bengal, India. It is part of the Sundarban on the Ganges Delta, and adjacent to the Sundarban Reserve Forest in Bangladesh. The delta is densely covered by mangrove forests, and is one of the largest reserves for the Bengal tiger. It is also home to a variety of bird, reptile and invertebrate species, including the salt-water crocodile. On 4 May 1984 it was declared a National Park.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Royal Bengal resort
- By Boat
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Kolkata – Godhkhali – Sunderbans
- Pickup from Kolkata in an exclusive vehicle and drive to Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. After obtaining requisite Forest permission we transfer you from Godhkhali jetty by motor boat to the tourist lodge located in the Sunderbans Islands. This journey would take you down the rivers Hogil, Gomar, Durgaduni and Gumdi in about one and a half hour. In the afternoon after lunch, set off on motor boat to the Sunderbans National Park and view wildlife from the Sajnekhali watchtower and visit the Sajnekhali Museum and Mangrove Interpretation Centre. This Watchtower provides one with an opportunity to view wildlife from close quarters.
- After watching the sunset, we return you to your resort either to rest or if you are interested, you may enjoy an entertaining evening of Folk Dance “Banbibi Pala”(Optional). Dinner and night halt at the forest resort/boat .
Things to see and do
Day 2: Sundarbans National Park
- The second day involves a full day cruise through the rivers and narrow creeks of the Sundarbans National Park and a lovely birding experience. Food would be prepared and served on the launch itself. Start after bed tea and visit the various watch towers of Sudhanyakhali, Neti Dhopani (Subject to weather and tide permitting) as well as Do Banki. The canopy walk at Do Banki gives you an opportunity to view wildlife from a netted enclosure.
- The sweet water pond at Neti Dhopani attracts a lot of wild animals and offers you the chance to view them from close quarters. Neti Dhopani also has the ruins of a 400 year old temple.
- Thereafter, enjoy the thrill of cruising deep in the “Indian Amazon” as Purbasha calls it and also around the islands of the Sunderban Tiger Project Area. Let yourself be guided by our Naturalist and Guide to view the Mangrove forest from close quarters, deep inside the creeks and return in the evening. Overnight stay at the forest resort/boat.
Day 3: Sunderbans To Kolkata
- In the morning, we cruise along the waterways and take you for
- a tour of Chargheri Char, the Southern most village of South 24 Parganas. This is a special attraction where you have a chance to get a feel of the “Mudflats”. An important physical feature of Sundarbans are the “Mudflats”. You may be lucky enough to see small Octopus, Star Fish, Jelly Fish, Horse shoe Crab, prawn seeds as well as many other
- variety of fishes etc. Optional activity involves country boat ride along the jungles. We then set off for a visit to a village and learn about the experiences of the villagers in the forest. Meet the fishermans, the Honey Collectors as well as the woodcutters and share their experiences of the Jungle
- After lunch at the resort/boat, at around 12:00 p.m, we depart for Godhkhali to be transferred to Kolkata. Arrive at Kolkata by about 5:30 / 6:00 pm. Tour ends with sweet memories
- Transfer to Kolkata for onward journey.
Royal Bengal resort (4 star)
Opposite Sajnekhali WBTDC Tourist Lodge, Gosaba Dayapur, Sundarban, South 24 Parganas, Sunderban
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.