Thimphu, as the political and economic center of Bhutan, has a dominant agricultural and livestock base, which contributes to 45% of the country's GNP. Tourism, though a contributor to the economy, is strictly regulated, maintaining a balance between the traditional, development and modernization.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Paro - Non A/C Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrive In Paro Airport (bhutan)
- Arrive at Paro Airport and then drive to the capital city Thimphu.
- Altitude: 2320m/ 7656ft above sea level. (1 hour 30 minutes drive)
- The flight into the Himalayas reveals scenic and breathtaking views of Himalayan Mountains of the world. If weather permits you will be able to see Mt Everest (8848m, 29,198ft) and other Himalayan mountain ranges. After checking into the hotel later visit, Your representative will greet you on arrival and drive you to the capital city, Thimphu.
- Overnight in Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu To Punakha/wangdue
- Altitude: 1350m/4455ft above sea level. (3 hours drive).
- Morning take a hike to Cheri Monastery (Includes Dodina and Jigme Dorji Wild life Sanctuary): Hike about 1hrs(to and fro) leds to Cheri Goemba (Cheri Dorji Dhen). Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal built this monastery in 1620 and established the first monk body here. A chance to spot birds such as Mrs Gould's Sunbird, Yellow-browed Tit, Yellow-rumped Honeyguide, Long-billed Thrush, Ultramarine Flycatcher.
- Overnight in Punakha/Wangdue.
Things to see and do
Travel from Thimphu to Punakha
Day 3: Punakha/wangdue To Paro
- Altitude: 2280m/7524ft above sea level.(4 hours drive)
- Morning visit, Punakha Dzong (fortress): Built in 1637 by Zhabdrung which is remarkably located between the rivers of Mo (Female) Chu (river) and Pho (Male) Chu. Until the time of second king it served as a seat of the king.
- Overnight in Paro.
Things to see and do
Travel from Punakha to Paro
Day 4: In Paro
Morning hike to Taktshang Monastery (Tiger’s nest): This is Bhutan’s most recognizable cultural icon perched 800m/2640ft up a seemingly sheer cliff. Although it was tragically and mysteriously consumed by fire in April 1998 it has now been restored to its former glory. It is believed that in the 8th century, the great tantric master Guru Rimopche/ Padmasambhava (2nd Buddha) flew on the back of a tigress to the site where the monastery now stands. (Five hours hike to and fro, some gentle and some steep hike, some stony foot path and some good ones) If you ride a horse upward it will cost extra US$25 per person. Overnight in Paro.
Day 5: Depart From Paro
Early breakfast at the hotel and then drive to the airport. Your escort will assist you with exit formalities and bid you farewell.
Hotel Jumolhari (3 star)
Post Box 308 Chang Lam, Thimphu Bhutan, Thimphu
Punakha, Bhutan, Punakha
Tenzinling Resort (3 star)
Lango, Paro Bhutan, Paro
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.