Indrahar Pass is a mountain pass in the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas. Indrahar pass forms the border between Kangra and Chamba districts. It is part of a very popular trekking route from Dharamshala. It attracts substantial tourist traffic during the trekking season between April–October.The trekking trail to Indrahar pass starts from Galu Devi temple above Dharamkot village near Dharamsala and passes through the popular camping ground of Triund, Ilaqua/Laka Got, and Lahesh Caves.
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|McLeod Ganj||5 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All meals during the trek starting from lunch on day one till lunch on day 06.
- All trekking equipment including tents on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Mcleodganj To Triund (2975m)-9km
Trek to Triund, a littel table -land is 9 km pleasant walk through deodar and rhododendron forests. Triund offers entire view of Kangra Valley. It is a wonderful camping ground.
Things to see and do
Day 2: Triund To Lahesh Cave (3750m) - 7km
This is a short walk of 7km through deodar and oak forests. After 4km reach Laka Got, which is situated at the snout of a small glacier. This glacier marks the snowline . After crossing the glacier go over a steep rocky ridge for 2 km and reach Lahesh cave. The big cave is used for over night stay.
Day 3: Lahesh Cave To Inderhara Pass (4300m) And Tranfer To Chata (3700m) - 12km
The trek to pass goes over soft in early summer and rocky in monsoons. The trek unto pass is a steep climb. Fogy weather with zero visibility obstructs the movement of climbers and on such occasions it is advisable to stay back and wait for the weather to get clear. The trek during April and May is tougher due to presence of hard ice. On reaching the top the pass one can see the Pir Panjal ranges very clearly. The other side of the pass remains snow covered till the middle of July. The trek descends down and reaches Chata Parao, beautiful green pasture and is most ideal for camping.
Things to see and do
Day 4: Chata Parao To Kwarsi (2730m) - 14km
The stretch up to Chata nullah is 6km descent and after crossing the stream, walk over a long pasture land before entering into a thick forest of pine trees. Kwarsi is a small tribal village surrounded by thickly wooded pine trees. Night stay in the village and enjoy hospitality of the villagers.
Day 5: Kwarsi To Siur (18km)
From Kwarsi the trail goes through dense forest of pine trees. At some places the trail is cut through huge rock and is very narrow. After crossing Hilling and lamu villages on the way, it takes around three hours to reach the road head and after walking 2 km on the road cross the Ravi river to enter into Siur village. Night stay in the tents.
Day 6: Siur To Bharmour - 9km
Passing through several tribal villages reach Bharmaur in about three hours. Bharmaur is a beautiful village with a few guest houses and is well connected by road to Chamba town.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.