Bhutan is among the most beautiful places in the world, dwarfed by its great neighbours India and China. Bhutan is only one third of the size of Nepal, but slightly larger than Switzerland. Bhutan, is known as the 'the Last Shangri-La' or 'the Last Place on the Roof of the World'.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang
Kichu Resort Paro
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Station
- Transfer & sightseeing as per the itinerary by NON AC Toyota Car / Van / Bus.
- Services of an Escort cum Guide as per the itinerary for Bhutan Portion only.
- Current Bhutan State & Hotel tax as on 01/01/2011.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Paro – Thimphu (65 Kms / 02 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Day 02 : Thimphu
Things to see and do
Day 03 : Thimphu – Wangdu (70 Kms / 03 Hrs, 1350mts / 4430fts)
Travel from Thimphu to Wangdu
Day 04 : Wangdi – Gangtey – Wangdu (70 Kms, 2 ½ Hrs One Way)
Day 05 : Wangdu – Paro (135 Kms / 05 Hrs, 2134mts / 7000fts)
Travel from Wangdu to Paro
Day 06 : Paro
- After breakfast go for Paro Sightseeing - visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel Dzong which still attracts visitors due to the strategic location of the fort. The fort defended the Paro valley from the Tibetan invasion from the north in the early 17th century. On clear weather Mount Chomolhari 7320 meters can be seen towering over the Dzong. Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as Ta-Dzong. Visit Ta Dzong (National Museum) Opening Hours – whole week - 0900HRS TO 1600HRS & Closed On National Holidays , which was built in 1651 as a watchtower. Since 1951 the Dzong has been re-established as the National museum and holds fascinating collections of art and religious Thankha paintings. A short walk downhill to the Rinpung Dzong which serves as the administrative centre and school for monks. Walk further down crossing the traditional bridge into Paro Town. Overnight at Hotel.
- Note: Kindly note that after September 2011 Earth quake, Ta Dzong (Paro Museum) had been closed and shifted to exhibition hall just above the museum. Now the present exhibition hall will be open throughout the week except for government holidays. All tourists visiting Dzongs and temples must be dressed appropriately. No half pant, sleeve less shirts, floaters, etc are allowed.
Things to see and do
National Museum of Bhutan is a cultural museum in the town of Paro in western Bhutan. Established in 1968, in the renovated ancient Ta-dzong building, above Rinpung Dzong ...
Day 07 : Paro
- Today day free for shopping at Paro Market. Overnight at Hotel.
- OR Optional tour to haa valley (on extra cost)
- Paro – haa valley - paro
- (65 KMS / 02 HRS – One way)
- Day excursion to Haa Valley (04-05 hrs to & fro). This valley remains one of Bhutan’s most pristine regions. At the Chuzom confluence, the road ascends the dramatic Wang Chu valley where there is time to view the Dobji Dzong and if time permits, hike around its high ramparts. The road into Haa winds up through quaint villages and thick conifer forests before leading into a valley carpeted with fields of millet, barley, potato and wheat. The patchwork fields are dotted with farmhouses all adorned with intricately painted cornices and door and window frames. Visits to both Chhundu Lhakhang and Lhakhang Karpo provides an insight into the history of the valley. There are arrangements to see the Wangchulo Dzong as well. The winding road then ascends through pastureland past grazing yaks, before reaching the 3,900m Chele La pass. Descending into the Paro Valley, the scenery transforms from sub-Alpine pasture brilliant with wild mountain flowers, to lush forests of blue pine, cypress, larch, fir and rhododendron. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08 : Paro – Onward Connection
Hotel Migmar (4 star)
Olakha Lam, Thimphu
Kichu Resort Wangduephodrang (3 star)
Chuzomsa,Wangduephodrang, Bhutan, Wangdu
Kichu Resort Paro
Post Box Number : 1280 Lango, Paro Bhutan, Paro
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.