Tucked away in the cradle of the Himalayas Bhutan is often called the Land of the Thunder Dragon. Also known for introducing the concept of Gross National Happiness or GNH to the world, Bhutan has become the must visit destination for all.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Thimphu||3 night(s)||Room only|
- Return Airfare in economy class – Ex Kolkata
- Sightseeing with a specialized cultural representative
- 20% discount on laundry
- 10% discount on beverages
- One Botanical Garden picnic. This is applicable on the day excursion trip to Dochula.
- Currently applicable taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Paro And Transfer To Thimpu
- Welcome to Paro. The last 15 minutes or so is amazing with snow covered peaks jutting majestically out
- of the clouds and then mountains either side as Druk Air zooms down the valley getting lower and lower
- and closer to the airport. On the view are settlements on the ground, the bare paddy fields, the
- meandering tracks, the river and streams, the trees and finally the town of Paro and the International
- Airport. Located at an elevation of approximately 2200 meter above sea level, this airport sometimes is
- called as “straight out of the fairy tales”.
- Thimphu, is the capital town of Bhutan. During this drive,
- you will pass through idyllic countryside giving some idea
- about what you might come across on your journey in the
- next 5 days. Thimphu (2,280m) is a small, bustling city in
- the heart of the Himalaya. Thimphu’s charm comes not
- only from its wealth of museums or places of historic
- interest, but also from the strong national character of its
- architectural style. Arrive Thimphu and then transfer to
- your hotel.
Things to see and do
Day 02 : Thimpu Sightseeing
- After breakfast, sightseeing in Thimphu valley including visit to the following: the National Library,
- housing an extensive collection of priceless Buddhist manuscripts; the Institute for Zorig Chusum
- (commonly known as the Painting School) where students undergo a 6-year training course in Bhutan's
- 13 traditional arts and crafts. Later visit Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, a fascinating testimony of
- the Bhutanese material culture and living traditions. Then, visit the government-run Handicrafts
- Emporium and local crafts shops, to browse through example of Bhutan's fine traditional arts. Here you
- can buy hand-woven textiles, thangkha paintings, masks, ceramics, slate and woodcarvings, jewelry,
- interesting items made from local materials.
Things to see and do
Zorig Chusum School of Traditional Arts, near National Library. Zorig Chusum was established in 1971 to preserve the thirteen traditional arts of Bhutan, and visitors are able...
The Bhutan Textile Museum or the National Textile Museum is a national textiles museum in Thimphu, Bhutan, located near the National Library of Bhutan. It is operated by the ...
This is one of the oldest house in Thimphu, having been restored and transformed into Folk Heritage Museum in the year 2001 under the patronage of Her Majesty the Queen Ashi ...
Day 03 : Half Day Excursion To Dochula And Transfer To Thimpu
- After early breakfast, drive up to Dochu-la pass (3,088m/ 10,130 ft). here to take in the view and admire
- the chorten, mani wall, and prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road. If skies are clear,
- numerous peaks can be seen from this pass. Known as the Druk Wangyal Chortens- the construction of
- these108 chortens was commissioned by the eldest Queen Mother, Her Majesty Ashi Dorji Wangmo
- Wangchuk. The pass is also popular spiritual destination for both locals and tourists because an
- important temple is located on the crest of Dochula pass.
Things to see and do
Day 04 : Departure From Thimpu
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.