This program is designed for active people in good physical condition, as the highlights are outdoor activities riding a mountain bike on exciting trails, lush nature and perhaps jungle, plus a kayaking experience on a lake part of a National Park.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - Transport by covered pick up truck
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Dao||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transport by covered pick up truck and services of English speaking cycling escorts
- Admission fees to the places mentioned
- Soft drinks, water and snacks whilst riding
- Accommodation in shared twin rooms at hotels mentioned or similar
- Quality bikes and helmets
- Kayak rental
- Applicable government taxes and service charges
- Overnight in Padeng Lodge
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Cycling In The Chiang Dao Valley
Pick up at your hotel in Chiang Mai town and depart by “covered pick-up truck”, locally called as “songtaew” into the Chiang Dao valley. After a bike fitting and adjusting, start cycling, following rural roads through scenic Thai countryside, passing though local villages with occasional stops to admire temples and observe people working in the rice fields (seasonal). Reach the Chiang Dao Caves, part of a Buddhist anctuary, for some exploration. After lunch at a local restaurant near the caves, pedal to a local market. Here your guide will buy some local food and explain some of the ingredients used in Thai cuisine. Cycle onto the other side of the valley on off road trails, eventually leading to the “Padeng Lodge” for overnight. Various trails are available, depending on participants' abilities and fitness level. Overnight in fan cooled private room at the Lodge. Dinner at the Lodge. Cycling distance: Between 25 to 45km
Things to see and do
Day 2: Kayaking In Sri Lanna National Park
After an early breakfast, depart on a cycling loop in the valley, mostly off road with stops at some hill-tribe villages, such as Karen, Palong and Lahu. Return to the lodge for a vehicle transfer to the head quarter of the Sri Lanna National Park. After a short briefing and practice on paddling sit-on-top kayaks, start paddling on this scenic lake to an exotic bamboo floating raft house (paddling time roughly an hour). Enjoy a mouth-watering Thai lunch, and enjoy some free time to swim or relax at the raft-house. Mid-afternoon start paddling back to the shore and transfer back to your hotel or drop off at Chiang Mai airport by covered pick up truck.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.