From Chiang Mai, experience this easy trekking trip, discovering small hill-tribe villages and authentic rural life. A rich cultural experience in the heart of the Chiang Dao valley, with stunning views of Thailand’s third highest peak.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Dao||1 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Activities mentioned in tour itinerary
- Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle (minivan or car)
- English speaking tour guide
- 1 night accommodation at Padang Lodge, in Twin share room with fans
- Personal expenses, beverages, tips and optional excursions
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Transfer To Chiang Dao
- 08h30 Meet at your hotel in Chiang Mai. We drive north to the Maetaman valley where we visit the elephant camp. Here we will have the chance to observe the elephants bathing and demonstrating their skills, during an interesting elephant show. Then, we will experience a ride on an elephant’s back through the surrounding forest. We will also experience a bamboo rafting descent on the quiet section of the river, followed by lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch we transfer by vehicle (approximately 45 minutes) to our trek starting point. Begin our hike on easy undulating trail in the valley and surrounding hills. We eventually arrive at a Karen hill tribe village. Observe their way of life and we see women doing basket weaving. Hike another short section through fields and plantations to reach our overnight place at the Padang Lodge, a basic lodge settled in the nature.
- Padang Lodge: consists of one wood house with 6 rooms with fan, and one basic longhouse, also partitioned with 6 rooms. Beds with bed sheets, blanket and mosquito nets; Bathroom facilities are in a separate building with western style toilets, two warm shower rooms, and 6 cold water shower rooms. The Lodge is adjacent to a village, with a mix of Palong and Lahu people with two additional villages within 10 minutes walk: a Karen village, and a tiny Lahu village.
Day 2: Departure
After breakfast we drive to a local Akkha village for a visit, and continue to another Karen village from which we start our trek. The hike is two hours through nice karst mountain landscape and bamboo forest. We end up at a Lahu village, where our vehicle can meet us. Short break at the village, for lunch. After lunch we drive to the Chiang Dao Caves for exploration. The caves are part of a Buddhist Sanctuary. We then drive back to Chiang Mai and drop off at your hotel in Chiang Mai. (Arriving around 5pm).
Things to see and do
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.