Flanks a rushing river in a beautiful lush tropical valley a mere twenty minutes scenic drive from downtown Chiang Mai. Having been open for nearly thirty years and currently home to seventy eight elephants, we have become leaders and experts in the field of elephant breeding, training, healthcare and sustainable tourism.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Mai||2 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transfers with English speaking guide from hotels in Chiang Mai city to the camp and vice versa
- Accommodation in simple lodge with fan rooms and attached bathroom with hot water shower and toilet
- One mahout outfit
- Elephant art creation
- Mahout certificate
- Thai food cooking class
- Lunch and dinner
- Stay at Mae Saa Elephant Camp
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai
07:00hrs Transfer from hotel in Chiang Mai city to Maesa Elephant Camp. Check into the Mahout Lodge and change into your personal Mahout outfit. Then meet your instructor and the camps’ veterinarian who will give you a short briefing about the camp as well as the course, followed by lesson 1, basic command for elephants. After lunch at the camp’s restaurant, start lesson 2 of the basic commands for elephants, which lasts until 16:00 hrs (approximately). 18:00hrs participate in a Thai food cooking class and enjoy your own cooked Thai meal. Overnight at the lodge.
Things to see and do
Day 2: Mae Sae Elephant Camp
08:00hrs More practice on the learned commands (lesson 3), then join your elephant in the stream and give her a bath. Ride your elephant back to the rest area. Lunch at the camp’s restaurant. Afternoon, learn more advanced techniques to command and steer your elephant (lesson 4. Ride the elephant to the resting area outside the camp. Evening advanced Thai cooking class and enjoy your own cooked Thai dinner.
Day 3: Departure
- Review of lessons 1 to 4. More practice on all lessons given throughout the program and practice elephant riding outside the
- camp. Lunch at the camp’s restaurant. 13:30hrs Participate in the actual Elephant show at the Elephant Show Ground and paint with the Elephant artist. The program ends at around 16:00 hrs with a farewell ceremony during which you receive a certificate and digital photograph taken during the course as well as the elephant’s painting as a memorable souvenir of your stay at the camp.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.