You will ride on small back roads with little traffic and some short off road sections. The terrain is undulating with one major climb of 2 km, but just in case a support vehicle is always close by. This tour is suitable for anyone with minimum biking experience. The trip is fully supported and your guide’s expert knowledge of the area and terrain means that you always know what is coming up in terms of distance and difficulty.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Bangkok - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Pung-Waan Resort & Spa Kwai Yai Kanchanaburi
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transfers and tours by air-conditioned van with English speaking cycling guide
- Bike with front suspension - Entrance fees
- Accommodation in air-conditioned room with shower
- Service charges and VAT
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Bangkok And Transfer To Kanchanaburi
Early morning. pick up from hotels in Bangkok. Van transfer to Kanchanaburi. After visiting the sights in Kanchanaburi, the War Musuem, the cemetery, the famous bridge take the train along the death railway to Krasae caves. After a visit to the caves and lunch, start cycling to Prasat Muang Singh along some quiet country roads, passing small Thai villages and teak plantations. The historical Park is believed to have been used by the Khmer empire as a trading point along the Kwai Noi River in the 12th century; ride the around the park and visit the museum before the bikes are packed up and you are transferred to the riverside hotel. Dinner and overnight at Phung Wan Resort or similar.
Day 2: Kanchanaburi (cycling Distance 45 Km)
Today the ride will take most of the day as the group takes a leisurely pace along some great trails, mainly flat with a mixture of jeep trails and tarmac. This trail has some stunning view of the valleys that surround this area and you ride through some great jungle and cultivated land. The ride is a little more challenging than the previous day with some undulating terrain and a gentle climb of about 2km (but can be avoided). This ride gives you a great chance to see the rolling hills that separate Burma from Thailand. Arrive at the resort in the mid to late afternoon with the remainder of the day at your own leisure. Enjoy a Thai body or foot massage, or a cool beer by the pool or take a boat trip to visit a Mon village (afternoon activities are not included in package price and to be paid on spot). Dinner and overnight at River Kwai Resotel.
Day 3: Departure
The ride today is a bit more challenging, as although mainly downhill, there are a few small up hills but nothing to strenuous. The main downhill needs to be taken with some caution as it is partly off road and a little bit steep. The reward is to do some riding through primary jungle and the trail follows a small river which meanders down to the river Kwai Noi and makes for a stunning ride. Once you have completed the ride, take a short hop across the river to visit Hellfire Pass which was the name given to the 1000m of mountain cuttings through rock and soil with only the most rudimentary implements. You also have a chance to visit the museum at Hellfire Pass and savor a packed lunch before your van transfer back to your hotel in Bangkok.
Pung-Waan Resort & Spa Kwai Yai Kanchanaburi
72/1 Moo 2 Tambol Thamakham, Kanchanaburi
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.