A Golden Triangle adventure departing from Chiang Mai and covering Chiang mai, Thaton, Maekok River, Mae Sai, Chiang Rai, before heading back to Chiangmai. Trek to hill tribe villages; see the impressive Chiangdao mountain visit the mystical Golden Triangle, the Burmese border and Mae Sai, Thailand's northernmost point; experience it all in this well organized trip. A complete and active tour showing the highlights of the North.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Chiang Mai - A/c vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Chiang Dao||3 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Our package tour prices are inclusive of transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned van from day 2 to 4 and by covered truck on day 1
- Services of an English speaking local guide
- Admission fees to elephant show and caves, elephant riding.
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Chiang Mai And Trek To Padang Lodge
Meet your guide at your hotel in Chiang Mai at 08:30hrs. Depart by local pick up truck to Chiang Dao area. Stop at an elephant camp nestled in lush jungle surroundings. Watch elephants bathing and demonstrating their skills. After the show, experience bamboo rafting down the Ping River. Then drive on to a village to begin your hike through jungle and limestone peaks eventually reaching a Palong village where you spend the night at the Padang Lodge, a basic northern Thai style wooden house with separate rooms. You sleep on the floor on a Thai style mattress and under a mosquito net. Western style toilets and hot shower are in a separate sanitary block. Enjoy a succulent Thai dinner served at the lodge.
Day 2: Chiang Dao To Ban Thaton
After breakfast, hike up a mountain for one hour to reach a small Karen settlement, where villagers look after elephants. From there, trek down to reach another village where your vehicle is waiting and proceed to the Chiangdao caves and Buddhist sanctuary for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, continue by car to Ban Thaton, a small town near the Burmese border, overlooking the Maekok River. Remainder of the day at leisure; if you still feel energetic, you may hike uphill to Wat Thaton Temple with a giant Buddha statue overlooking the valley.
Day 3: Ban Thaton To Doi Maesalong And Hill Tribe Village
Depart by van to Doi Maesalong, a scenic mountain road leading to remote villages, Akkha and Yao hilltribe village. Reach the Chinese refugee village of Santikiri on the summit. Continue down the valley to Chiangrai for lunch. Afternoon depart to a large Karen village, from where youl embark on elephant's back, riding up the mountain to a small hilltop Lahu village, where you spend the night with a local family. Dinner is prepared by your guide (basic accommodation).
Day 4: Departure
Trek for one hour to a small waterfall and to a forestry office. Conitnue by van to Mae Sai, Thailand's northernmost point and an official Thai-Myanmar border crossing. Visit the bustling border market and optionally cross the border and visit the Burmese town of Thachilek (subject to border opening, border pass fees USD 5.- not included). After lunch in Mae Sai, continue to the 'Golden Triangle', where the borders of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar meet. Van transfer back to Chiang Mai (3 hours drive) or drop off at a hotel in Chiangrai or Chiangrai Airport.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.