Khorat doesn't wear its heart on its sleeve. Only those sporting a hefty set of rose-tinted specs will be reaching for their camera as they step off the bus in the brash gateway to the northeast. A bumper dose of urban hubbub reflects the city's affluence, and Khorat's one-time historic charm has been largely smothered under a duvet of homogenous development.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||1 night(s)||
Dusit Princess Korat
Thong Tarin Hotel
|Ubon Ratchathani||1 night(s)||
Sedhapura by Tohsang Hotel
|Nakhon Phanom||1 night(s)||
Fortune River View Nakhon Phanom
- Transfers and tours by air conditioned car / minibus / coach with English speaking guide
- Baggage handling - Entrance fees
- Accommodation in air conditioned room with bath
- Service charges and VAT.
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Bangkok And Transfer To Korat
- Depart from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, which is beautifully located on an island at the confluence of three rivers. Visit Wat Chaiwattanaram occupying a magnificent position on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River. Drive through the historical part of this former capital of Siam and then continue to Phimai. En route visit of a local fruit market at Klang Dong. Lunch at local restaurant. Continue to the charming little town of Phimai northeast of Korat, known for the magnificent Khmer sanctuary of Prasat Hin. Visit the museum (closed on Monday, Tuesday and Public Holidays) and Historical Park. Return to Korat with a short stop at one of the biggest Banyan Trees in Thailand. Dinner and overnight at Dusit Princess Korat
- Note: Phimai National Museum is under renovation and closed until further notice
Day 2: Korat To Surin
- After breakfast, visit the pottery village of Dan Kwian. The region of Korat is famous for its beautifully crafted pottery. Continue to Phanom Rung, which is the finest Khmer Temple in Thailand and gives more than only a good idea of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Similar in layout to Phimai, both monuments are believed to have been the prototype for the famous Angkor Wat. Close by there is Muang Tam, another impressive Khmer temple predating Phanom Rung by about 120 years.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, proceed to the silk weaving village of Ban Nong Sang Nga. The village consists of roughly 150 houses with 600 inhabitants. Villagers engage in breeding silk worms, spinning the yarn and weaving silk. Nearly every house has a loom and villagers are very friendly and hospitable. Continue to Surin and check-in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight at Thong Tarin Hotel.
Things to see and do
Travel from Nakhon Ratchasima to Surin
Day 3: Surin To Ubon Ratchathani
- After breakfast, depart for Khao Phra Viharn, one of the most spectacular locations of any monuments in South-East Asia, at the top of a steep escarpment and majestically overlooking Cambodia. Although physically standing on Cambodian territory, the only practical access is from Thailand and therefore no visa is required. This unique constellation makes a visit to this hilltop temple even more challenging and fascinating. After lunch at local restaurant, proceed to Khongjiam for a boat ride on the Mekong River to your resort. Dinner and overnight at TOHSANG KHONGJIAM RESORT, located on the banks of the river.
- Note: Khao Phra Viharn is currently closed due to disputes between Thai & Cambodian authorities.
- Following alternative program will be provided during the closure of Khao Phra Viharn:
- After breakfast, depart Surin with a short stop at a basket weaving and silk weaving village, before arriving at Prasat Sikhoraphum with its fine lintel carvings and Prasat Sa Kamphaeng Yai, which was originally built in the 11th century as a Hindu Shrine dedicated to Shiva. Continue to Ubon Ratchathani for lunch. Visit to Wat Thungsrimuang, then continue to Khongjiam, Thailand’s eastern-most town, situated on the confluence of the Mun and Mekong Rivers. Boat trip along the Mekong River before checking in at the resort, which is beautifully located on the river. Dinner and overnight at Tohsang Khongjiam Resort.
Travel from Surin to Ubon Ratchathani
Day 4: Ubon Ratchathani To Nakhon Phanom
Travel from Ubon Ratchathani to Nakhon Phanom
Fly Ubon to Nakhon Phanom
Drive to Pakse, fly to Savannakhet, taxi
Fly Ubon to Sakon Nakhon, line 876 bus
Train, line 876 bus
Line 874 bus, line 14 bus, line 876 bus
Day 5: Departure
Dusit Princess Korat (4 star)
1137 Suranarai Road, Nakhon Ratchasima
Thong Tarin Hotel
60 Sirirat Road, Surin
Sedhapura by Tohsang Hotel (4 star)
68 Mu 7 Ban Huay- Mak-, Ubon Ratchathani
Fortune River View Nakhon Phanom (4 star)
9 Nakhon Phanom-That Phanom Rd., Nai Muang, Muang, Nakhon Phanom
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.