Visit Nature & Its Best - This Itinerary Gives you the Glimpse of Shillong - Golf Course, Don Bosco Museum, Archery Show...... & Guwahati - River cruise & Kamakhya Temple.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Silk Route
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Guwahati Airport – Shillong (110 Kms / 3 Hrs Drive)
Day 02: Local Sightseeing @ Shillong
- Morning after breakfast, local sightseeing tour ofShillong. Visit the GOLF COURSE of Shillong, which is third oldest golf courses in India, commissioned during British regime by the British Civil Service Officers at a location known as 'Laban' in the year 1898. Also known as 'Gleneagle of the East', it stands amidst pine groves and rhododendron trees at an altitude of 5,200 ft. above sea level. WARDS LAKE is among most popular tourist locations of the hill station. It is an artificial lake that is enveloped within a widespread garden. Also known as Polok Lake, the water body is located in the middle of the city. Along with the Wards Lake is a BOTANICAL GARDEN that houses an extensive range of exotic plants and flowers. DON BOSCO MUSEUM - a unique venture of the Salesians of Don Bosco in North East India to develop expert facilities for the preservation and promotion of numerous beautiful and diverse indigenous cultures of the region. The Museum exhibits cultural artifacts thematically arranged from floor to floor in the different galleries along with excellent paintings depicting various aspects of the cultures of North East India forms the first and most visible aspect of DBCIC!ARCHERY SHOW (on your own) - The archery gambling is a sort of lottery, with the local archers shooting at a target. People all over Meghalaya place bet on the last 2 digits of the number of arrows sticking to the target. It is really a fascinating mixture of sport, culture & gambling……you must experience Gambling here!
- Evening visit Local markets in Shillong (BARA BAZAAR and POLICE BAZAAR) for the best shopping experience. Overnight stay at Shillong.
- Specialty shopping at Shillong:
- Bara Bazaar & Police Bazaar - These markets also host the IEWDEH, the weekly local market. You can explore the markets for goodies that are locally produced like handicrafts, wooden items, bamboo artifacts and a very popular forest-made honey. Get your hands on some of the souvenirs typical to Shillong - hand-carved knives, Tibetan shawls, bamboo cutlery and artifacts. The Police Bazaar is known for its traditional Khasi silk skirts, called jain-sayem. Also savour the locally grown fruits, Sayang and Saflang, which are wrapped and sold in banana leaves.
- Highlight: - Don Bosco Museum & Archery Show
Day 03: Shillong – Guwahati (110 Kms / 3 Hrs Drive)
- Early morning after breakfast proceed to Guwahati. Upon arrival, check-in Hotel. Later visit KAMAKHYA TEMPLE - Kamrup Kamakhya has been the seat of the powerful tantrik cult in India. Situated atop the Nilachal Hill in Guwahati, this temple is one of the 108 Shakti Peethas of the country. Rising to a modest height of 562 feet above the mighty river Brahmaputra, the hill on which the temple stands commands a magnificent view of the entire city. STATE ZOO - Spread over an area of 130 hectares, Assam State Zoo is the only zoo in India where a natural forest still exists. It is one of the major zoos of the country and boasts of a unique diversity of animal habitat. The botanical garden located within the same vicinity is called Guwahati’s green retreat.
- In the evening enjoy a 1-hour RIVER CRUISE over the river Brahmaputra from Panbazar Jetty (Optional cost). The longest river in India, the Brahmaputra, runs through the spectacular scenery of Assam and is an ideal introduction to river cruising in India. Overnight in Guwahati.
- Highlight: - River cruise & Kamakhya Temple.
Travel from Shillong to Guwahati
Day 04: Guwahati Airport Departure
- After breakfast (if time permits) visit NAVAGRAHA TEMPLE - dedicated to the nine planets in the solar system this temple was built by the ruler Rajeswar Singh in late 18th century AD. Also known as the Abodes of Surya, the Navagraha Temple or the temple of the nine celestial bodies is located in the south eastern part of Guwahati, on a hill by name Chitrachal. It is a center of astrological and astronomical research.
- Later transfer to Guwahati airport for onward destination.
- Tour ends here with sweet memories of nature’s heaven – NORTH EAST INDIA!!!
Hotel Silk Route (3 star)
Keating Road, Police Bazar - 793001, Shillong
Landmark Hotel (3 star)
Dr B Barooah Road, 781007, Guwahati, Assam, Ulubari, Guwahati, Assam 781007, Guwahati
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.