Shillong has long been a favoured popular tourist destination given its natural beauty and pleasant weather and there are many places of interest here. Here is a list of popular tourist attractions in Shillong.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- All Permit fees and hotel taxes (as per itinerary)
- Service of a registered guide cum driver
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary
- Meet and greet on arrival by the Cat Holidays representative
- Exclusive AC vehicle throughout the tour as per itinerary & sightseeing. (Vehicle rules and regulations of the area / location will apply).
- Parking and toll taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati Transfer To Shillong
Things to see and do
Umiam Lake is also known as Barapani or Big Water and is a scenic place tucked away amidst the hills of Meghalaya, around 15 Km from Shillong. The origin of Umiam Lake in 1965...
Lady Hydari Park is one of the most famous places to visit in Shillong. With sprawling a green lawn, well-manicured garden and varieties of flora dotting the park, you will ...
A museum which houses varieties of butterflies, from different parts of the region, this privately owned museum is a treat for those who are visiting Shillong for the first ...
Shillong Peak is the highest point in state of Meghalaya (1965 meters above sea level). There is a view-point where you can get breathtaking view of Shillong city. The city ...
Day 2: Shillong To Cherrapunjee Later Back To Shillong
- After breakfast, excursion to Cherrapunjee (60 kms / 2 hrs). Cherrapunjee is framed as the wettest place on Earth is 60 kms from Shillong. The journey from Shillong to Cherrapunjee offers a pleasant drive as one witnesses numerous water falls and gorges. Longer stay gives opportunity to the visitor to explore limestone caves and waterfalls, the amazing living root bridges and galore of water and adventure activities. While the must visit places are the gorgeous Seven Sisters falls and the Mawsmai cave is in your tour plan.
- You can visit Thangkharang park if you have one more day in hand (Optional). Also the following sightseeing we will be covering as under: Ramkrishna School and Museum is Ethnic collection and information of tribes of Meghalaya – Jaintia Hills, Khasi Hills and Garo Hills. Eco Park : The Eco Park has been created in the plateaus by the Meghalaya government. At this Eco Park, tourists can see beautiful orchids growing in abundance in green house, which are given by Shillong Agri-Horticultural Society.
- Nohsngithiang Falls : Nohsngithiang Falls, the fourth highest waterfall in India, is located at a distance of few kilometers from Cherrapunjee, the height of this waterfall is 1,035 feet.
- Nohkalikai Waterfalls : Nohkalikai waterfalls located at a distance of 5 km from Cherrapunjee is the fourth highest waterfall in the world. Falling from a height of 1,100 feet the legend associated with these falls is as popular as the attraction itself.
- Mawkdok Dympep valley view : The Mawkdok Dympep valley view located at the very start of Sohra tourist circuit is one of the most prominent attractions of the place. The forest department has made a view-point at this valley from where tourists can enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty of the valley. Dainthlen Waterfalls : Dainthlen waterfall, located at a distance of 5 km from Cherrapunjee is one of the most popular waterfalls. This waterfall has a legend attached to it, according to which it is said that people killed a huge snake living in the cave here to get rid of his terror. Later come back to Shillong hotel and overnight stay at Shillong.
Things to see and do
seven sisters falls or the Nohsngithiang Falls Known for being one of the tallest waterfalls in Norway, which consists of seven different streams, one of them falling from a...
Day 3: Shillong To Dawki Visit Mawlynnong Back To Shillong
- After breakfast, excursion to Dawki, en-route visit Mawlynnong.
- Mawlynnong village which is situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong, on the Shillong-Dawki Road, 30 kms from Pynursla is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard, which all other villages need to aspire to be. Dubbed the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine, the primary Village School till class V boasts of it’s no dropout record and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways and beautiful flowerbed all along mark the village, with waterfalls, a living root bridge, hilly rivulets, acacia plantation and an excellent view of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambiance of this village. Farming of betel nut and leaves, broomsticks and pepper along with bee rearing are the primary economic activity of these. Later return back to Shillong hotel and overnight stay st Shillong.
Things to see and do
Day 4: Shillong Return Back To Guwahati Departure
A.C. Lane, G. S. Road Police Bazaar Shillong, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.