Darjeeling continues to be a popular holiday destination in India, owing to its scenic beauty and pleasant climate. Apart from tourism, Darjeeling is also popular for its many British style public schools, which attract students from across India and even neighboring countries.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Juniper Tree
- Return transfers from Baghdogra Airport or NJP Railway Station
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day-1 : Njp Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport- Gangtok (5500 Ft /1677 Mts, 135 Kms / 4½ -5 Hrs).
- On arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport you will be received by our office executive who will assist you to board your vehicle to Gangtok. Upon arrival proceed to the hotel for check-in; the evening is free for leisure.
- Over night stay at hotel in Gangtok.
Day-2 : Excursion To Tshangu Lake And Baba Mandir (12400ft / 3780 Mts / 43kms / 3hrs)
- After breakfast at hotel you will depart for full day sight seeing of Tshangu Lake (with an average depth of 50 ft) through Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary and Baba Mandir. Return to Gangtok in the evening for an overnight stay at hotel.
- Tshangu Lake: is one of the most popular destinations for tourists; it is located at 43 km from Gangtok. The lake is about 1km long, oval in shape, 15 metres deep and is considered sacred by the local people. This placid lake remains frozen during the winter months. On the way to the Lake, you will enjoy beautiful scenery and snow
- capped mountains. The cool water of the Lake is perfectly attuned with the scenic beauty around.
- (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tshangu Lake is closed we will provide alternate sightseeing).
Things to see and do
The temple lies on the road between the Nathula and the Jelepla Pass and is visited by hundreds of people each day. The temple is believed to have wish-fulfilling powers and ...
Day-3 : Gangtok Sightseeing- Darjeeling (7380 Ft / 2250 Mts/135 Km/3-3½ Hrs)
Things to see and do
Enchey Monastery meaning solitary temple, was built in 1909 and is a 200 year old monastery. Located at a distance of 3 km from the city, the monastery is built on the spot, ...
White Hill, located on a ridge in Gangtok, is a two storey architecture. The structure is named after the first British political mandarin in Sikkim, J. Claude White. ...
The Do-Drul Chorten or Stupa was built by the Venerable Trullshi Rimpoche, head of the Nyingma order of Tibeten Buddhism, in 1945. Inside the stupa, there are complete mandala...
Directorate of Handicrafts & Handlooms, also known as the Government Institute of Cottage Industries, was established in 1957. Located at a distance of half km from the main ...
Travel from Gangtok to Darjeeling
Day-4 : Darjeeling Sightseeing.
Things to see and do
One of the best ways to experience the panoramic views that Darjeeling is so famous for, is by taking a ride on the ropeway. It's also called the Rangeet Valley Cable Car ...
This complex was setup by the Tibetan refugees in Darjeeling on October 2, 1959 after they followed Dalai Lama and escaped from Tibet. The refugees adopted the principle of ...
The Bengal Natural History Museum houses a wide collection of Himalayan fauna. There is a collection of almost 4300 types of species in the museum. The Bengal Natural History ...
Ghoom Monastery is also known as Yogachoeling Gompa. It is located in a place called Ghoom in Darjeeling, hence the name Ghoom Gompa. It was in the year 1875 that a Mongolian ...
Day-5 : Darjeeling- Njp Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport (105 Kms / 3½-4 Hrs)
Hotel Juniper Tree (3 star)
Church Road (Rai Cottage) Near Pelling Taxi Stand, East Sikkim, Gangtok
Sikking Gandhi Road - 734101, Darjeeling
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.